-1-

'"Let's have some fun tonight," she smiled. With one final spritz of perfume, we went downstairs to wait for our ride. Her dad looked distracted by the television but I knew better.
"Frankie," he slurred. She rolled her eyes at me and walked over to him.
The man that dared to call himself a father to Frankie, the man who was drunk by 7 every night, the man who worked as a clerk in a sleazy adult film store. Him.
"Where are you going princess?" He cooed. "What about a kiss fer yer old man? I won't be around-" hiccup "-much longer and need all the loves I can git from you's." I grimaced as MY princess bent down to kiss the stubbled cheek of her unkept yet handsome father.

        'Are you alright?' I thought.
        'No,' she smiled back sadly.
An ugly red taurus pulled up and Frankie grabbed my hand. We slid into the seats and I vaguely recognized the driver- I think he went by Mac. He had shaggy blonde hair that was pulled back tonight and deep brown eyes. He always smelled of patchouli and freshly cut grass. I'd seen him around campus, usually with a gaggle of girls but he always seemed uninterested.

        "Hi Frankie," he greeted. Frankie passed him something but I couldn't see what since it was dark out already. "Hi, uhh. . . I don't recall your name. . ."
"This is just my friend, Taylor," Frankie smiled.