The Soul?

Flynn Carson had managed to find Roy and with his help, the library was once again in this dimension, all was good well, except they were still missing the soul. Since the Library was a being itself it needs a body, spirit, and soul. The soul was a young woman, picked at birth by the Library, but neither Librarian nor Custodian had seen her since the Serpent Brotherhood had attacked.

"Sir," Jenkins started as the two stood in the main part of the Library, "now that the Library is back in its rightful place perhaps now is a good time to find Ms. Thoth, before someone else does."

"Who?" Eve asked as she walked into the room, a stack of books in her arms.

"Asteria Thoth is a very important member of the Library."

"If she's so important why hasn't anyone talked about her?"

"We haven't seen her since the Brotherhood attacked," Flynn answered Eve, "we've been busy with other things. But she is very resourceful, if she's in trouble she'll call."

It was a week before anyone in the library brought up Asteria again.

Everyone was in the Card Catalog room. Eve and Flynn were discussing their next step, Ezekiel Jones had his nose in many blueprints, Cassandra Cillian had some magic books scattered around her; Jacob Stone sat with his favorite artists stacked neatly in a semicircle on the steps. As Jenkins walked in the phone rang, the librarians; guardian's eyes all flashed to the old phone. Carefully the old custodian picked up the receiver. "Hello?"

"Jenkins?" a young woman's voice sighed in relief, "thank goodness. I need your help."

"Who is it?" Flynn mouthed over.

"I'm going to pass you off to Mr. Carson."

Confused Flynn took the receiver. "Flynn here."

"Flynn, it's Asteria, I need your help."

"Oh thank god you're safe, where are you? Why haven't you tried to contact us sooner?"

"I'm at St. Luke's International Hospital, in Tokyo Japan. I have no idea how I ended up here." Asteria told the head Librarian, fear in her voice.

"Don't worry Ast, we'll be right there, just hang tight," Flynn promised her before hanging up.

"Who's Asteria?" Jacob inquired.

"And why are we going to rescue them?" Ezekiel added.

"Asteria Thoth is the very soul of the library," Jenkins began as Flynn fiddled with the Backdoor, "without her the library would be very different then what you see. Just as we have a body, spirit and soul so does the Library. As you saw Roy was the spirit, the building itself is the body so all that's left is the soul." 

"I thought souls were just myths," Jones spoke.

"On the contrary Mr. Jones." Jenkins started, "a soul is what makes us, well us, without it we are devoid of feels, emotions, it's worse than holding the Apple of Discord."

"Alright, let's go, librarians and Eve," Flynn called as the door opened.