prolouge

Reyna stared at the dresses her mom had laid out for her. Nope. There is no way in hell is Reyna wearing a dress to a dinner with her to-be fiancée's family. Her mother can dream about it. Let the convention of wearing a dress to dinner go die in a shit-hole. Reyna had 4 hours before the dinner. That was more than enough time to choose a nice suit and get ready. But, to choose the suit she would have to call in the cavalry who goes by the name Percy Jackson. Jack would be of no help with suits. Nope. Percy was the right person. Reyna picked up her phone and called Percy. He answered in the 2nd ring.

"What's up?"

Yes, Percy was a part of her team, only second to her lieutenant, Jack. But, Reyna was not the kind of leader who wasn't friends with her soldiers. Outside of work, Reyna and Percy were really good friends. So of course, Percy would not be formal. Like, ever.

"I need help, Perce. My room?"

"Alright, on the way. Be there in 3." Percy hung up with that.

Reyna paced around until she heard a knock on her door and Percy's voice, "Yo, Rey. Am here. What is the h-"

Reyna had opened the door and pulled him in with a "Shh. Don't shout."

Percy shut up. Reyna ran a hand through her hair.

"Aren't you supposed to get ready for the dinner thingy?"

Reyna bit her lip. "That is the problem, perce. I don't know what to wear."

Percy gave her his shit eating grin and wiggled his eyebrows. "Thought you weren't interested in what's-her-name?"

Reyna supplied, "Thalia"

"Ah yes. Thalia. Why are you worried now?" Percy took off his rifle and set on Reyna's table. He seemed have been on duty. But, that didn't matter. Unless it's something really important, someone else can take his place. Percy went to the dresses on her bed.

He said, "All of these are good. Just choose one that is comfortable."

Reyna gritted her teeth. "Hell no. I am absolutely not wearing a dress to the dinner. I want help in choosing a suit."

Percy let out a breath he seemed to have been holding. "And there is the Reyna we all know and love. Come on then. Let's see your suit collection. I'm not letting you wear your work suits. We need something a little more casual." He walked into the walk in closet.

Reyna grinned and followed. It took them 3 hours of arguing and both of them getting stuck in a headlock to settle on a suit.

Percy rubbed his head. Reyna might have gotten a little pissed and banged his head against the wall. Not so hard that his head cracked but, hard enough for it to hurt a little. It's a good thing Percy is calm most of the time. If he wasn't, it would have escalated to a fight. Which wouldn't be different from any other day but, today was important. She was meeting her soon to be- oh who was she kidding? She was meeting her fiancée. It was too late to back away.

"Hurry up. We have barely got an hour to get ready. I got to go help Jack with the security. Don't forget your knife." With that Percy left her to get ready.

Reyna walked down the stairs in the last minute. That way it would be too late for her mother to send her back and make her wear a dress. She walked down the stairs to see her mom shaking her head with a smile. So she knew Reyna would do that. Of course she did. Reyna hasn't exactly hid her despise for dresses. They went to car and Reyna nodded to Percy who gave her a grin in return. Percy wouldn't be accompanying them to the dinner. He would look after the house. Instead, Jack would be her personal bodyguard today. It's not like Reyna needs it but, Reyna only has her knife. It would be better to have Jack and the others around.