Cat at Sea

Foreword

  Okay so unlike my other stories, this one will be in third person point of view. This will also be the third of the maximum of five stories I will be working on, not counting any one-shots I might make down the road if I'm bored with nothing to do

  Anyways, I hope you all enjoy, on with the show!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  It had been six days since Blake had first been pulled onto this raft by the elderly captain of the ship that had been sunk by the giant dragon Grimm she and Sun had fought. Six days of being out at sea with no food and only the water that had come from the sky... or themselves. Blake's body was beginning to suffer as her stomach was getting thinner, rubs visible, face bonier. The captain was in a similar condition and they both smelled dreadful.

  Blake had been tempted to try fishing, but she thought it would only expend more energy than absolutely needed, not to mention they had no way of cooking it, which meant that only she would be able to eat. And how could she do that, feed herself and just WATCH as her only companion starved? The man had saved her, she owed him her life, he was her only companion now, it wasn't like Sun was still here...

  During the attack, when the beast had gotten past them and lunged for the ship, slamming and crashing through the deck and hull, it had sent wood and metal flying everywhere. She herself had been hit in the back by a board and could feel a couple of broken ribs, but she'd been lucky enough to land close to the Captain who was in his lifeboat, so he'd pulled her on board and he made his escape.

  The cat faunus looked over to the elderly man who was looking up at the clouds with a stricken look on his face, he was clearly in pain, he'd hardly even slept out of fear that the monster would return to finish us off now that his ship full of passengers was no doubt in the bellies of countless grimm. She just wished Sun was here, he was annoying, but he was a good friend, she'd wanted him gone... but not like this. Because she hadn't acted fast enough, he'd paid the price... now he was gone. 

  This was just like at Beacon with Adam and Yang...

  As she sat there beating herself up over the loss of one of her closest friends, and the injury of another. It was nearly too much to handle alone if she was... she might just throw herself overboard. But for now, this man needed her, she had a purpose and absolutely no right to do anything less than everything in her power to make sure this man made it home to his wife and children and grandchildren. Then maybe she'd try again to make her way home.

  "Blake." the captain spoke, forcing himself to sit up

  "Yeah, O'Sheen?" the bookworm looked to him, pulling her face from her knees where it had been firmly resting

  "Storm's brewing... I can smell it in the air. Feel it." The old man spoke, his semblance was weather prediction; not the best for combat, but perfect for a ship captain

  She looked up, doing a quick glance around and wincing from the pain in her ribs "What do you mean? I don't see any...." her ears went flat on her head when on the horizon she spotted storm clouds spanning the entirety of the skyline "Oh...."

  "Night's on its way too. We're going to be alone in the dark with nothing but each other and a rowboat at mother nature's fury... our chances aren't the highest class. You're injured and I'm not as young and strapping as I used to be." he chuckled softly at his small attempt to lighten the mood