0 1.

She was small and fragile, afraid of what might happen to her if she ever went out side the boundaries of the orphanage. She never once step foot outside, and she didn't mind the comfort of the orphanage.

She stared outside the window admiring the girls playing on the swings. She wanted to do what every other girl did, but she was simply too afraid.

Sophia wanted to speak to them and make friends but she couldn't force her self to do so.

"Sophia darling, someone's coming to visit the orphanage. And if you would like, come down to meet him" She stared out the window, ignoring Elizabeth.

"Alright, well, stay in your room if you like. Come down if you need anything" She simply just looked at Elizabeth and wondered how could she been so kind, and caring to all these little kids if they weren't hers?

Sophia always wondered how it felt to be loved, she was too young to remember her mother or father. She never felt any emotions for anyone.

Not even sympathy.

She just thought of how things would of been if they didn't turn out the way they had.

She wanted to grow up and live a happy life, not being stuck in the orphanage until she gets adopted. But, she promised her self one thing.

She would never get adopted, no matter how kind, nice, or pretty they looked. She couldn't just forget her parents and then make someone else replace them.

She just couldn't. She didn't want to be loved or cared for, She wanted to be left alone to think and look at world change from her window.

She felt safe there, and that's the only place she wanted to be.