Prologue

The sound of shoe hitting against stone was prominent as I trudged through the hallway. I walked into my room and slid the door to a close. My loneliness was apparent as I collapsed onto my bed.
Another meaningless day passes by. I stare at the flower vase at my bedside. I get up. It's not like this room will console me in any way. I left and made my way to the large staircase. I kept climbing till I reached the rooftop. Up there the sight of flower garden, that was more colourful than a 24 coloured palette, it welcomed me.
'If this were to be the last thing I saw before I died, I would be satisfied.' I thought sitting on the railing to the edge of the building, still peering at the garden. I finally looked in front of me. The distance between the ground and I was great. As I felt acrophobia kicking in I became more and more unsure of my decision to jump of.
It was just then I noticed a notebook taped at the edge of the floor. I picked it up, in reality, I was actually feeling glad that I had an excuse not to kill myself yet, despite my depressing thoughts still loitering.
I looked at the cover. On it, it wrote 'The Memory shards of a lifetime.' Curiosity getting the better of me I flipped open the book and started reading.