Chapter 1: How The Day Goes Around

It was fairly hot as the sun shined again, the summer is coming near.

As much as it seemed, it was not the end yet.

"What the-- hey!"

"Watch where you're going!"

"Excuse me! Coming through!"

This is the usual role Sakura always notices at the street. Too many people, and when she reaches the Market, she would either switch to the other way, or simply walk along with them. Either way, she's going to be late or early. She have to go to school anyway.

Luckily, she made it past the Market, entering the Park. She smirked as she used the rails as slides by jumping on them, and ending up with a roll later on instead of taking the stairs, in which the front of it was the school.

She reached it at last. Quite tired but she brushed it off away as she ran up the stairs.

---

Luckily, she wasn't so late as she did last week.

"Hey, Sakura!" It was her friend, Kei. "What is the answer here again?"

Sakura grabbed Kei's notebook, observing it for a second before shoving it back to her.

"Square root of 2." She answered. "Damn, glad you've asked because I remembered last night how I bleed my mind for it."

Kei finished scribbling as she shook her head.

"Well, it was worth it, ain't it? You could use it for the test."

Sakura frowned a bit, and suddenly, she mellowed back up.

"You know what? You should join me in the ring tonight." She cheered. "So that you can see a thing or two aside from hanging around your backyard."

Kei wavered her hand. "No thanks, Sakura. I just prefer being home, that's all..."

Sakura shrugged with a frown. "Suit yourself."

---

ZZZ-ZZZ-ZZZ

Oh come on! Not again!

Kei shifted uncomfortably as she saw Sakura taking a nap again. She was tired of it, but escaping from the studies is hard too. She have to decide.

Firstly, she nudged Sakura repeatedly, but it was no use, seeing no response. She sighed and emitted noise.

"Hey! I thought you slept earlier!" She shouted faintly. "Come on... I don't want to pick up the water buckets again..."

SLAP

The teacher slammed the stick on the board, causing everyone to get shook up, that did well for Sakura, which rose her head in an instant. The next thing her and Kei noticed is the teacher's face up front, glaring with anger.

---

"Phew, luckily we didn't have to pick up the buckets!" Kei said aloud as she ate her sandwich.

Sakura shrugged at her again. "Sheesh, you're so freaked out, Kei. Told ya she wouldn't."

Kei became confused. "What? Is it clerical work?" 

"Nope."

"Then what is it?"

"Um... it's better not to know." Sakura smirked.

Kei just looked down and finished her lunch. Sakura already finished hers as she patiently waited for her, playing her PsP for a while, hearing a lot of pixelated beeping sounds as her fingers press like fixed levers. She just looked worriedly at her, she wondered why she always snoozes when the class is on, which could lead them both to something more than detention.

Just what is she doing?

The bells ringed, signalling that the recess is over. Sakura scoffed as she turned off her portable, placing it back to her pocket and standing up.

"Well, there goes the Thesis." She muttered at Kei. "Were halfway there, right?"

"Yeah." Kei nodded. "Halfway to freedom."

"Sure is."

---

The bell ringed for the second time.

"Don't forget your Thesis tomorrow!" The teacher reminded them. "You may leave now."

Sakura jumped up in glee as Kei scratched her head. Noticing this, she came up to her, peering around.

"Why? Something wrong?" 

Kei just smiled back up. "I just realized that were actually near the end of the school. Where we'll never see each other again. I hope you would notice it, Sakura."

"What? Of course, I did! " Sakura blurted at her. 'What makes you say that?"

"Well..." Kei started to count her fingers. "... you always sleep at class, you skipped out of school one day, and then here, you had other things that I want to know. You're keeping it."

Sakura then held out her PsP to her. "That's why I wanted you to go with me. To answer all of it, and besides, you were left behind of what is happening."

Kei grabbed the PsP and looked at her. "What's this for?"

"Just to keep your head out if it gets tense." Sakura replied. "Seriously Kei, do you have heart attack or something?"

Kei just chuckled at her. "I just hate jumpscares."

"Good." Sakura strapped her gloves and braced her headband a lot more tighter. "We'll meet up in the Park."

---

AN: Well, the first page's up! Just ignore the cover though, I'm still finding something to fit into it.

This time I'm jumping to make Street Fighter fanfictions. Taking a break from Dota 2, and I'm going to screw some things up in here, if you don't mind.

And also, this is fairly composed of few words (based on the script), so it is pretty short... :)