The Truth

Running to her phone to answer it she hears a voice, a voice she least expected to hear, her brothers. His voice was shaky and she could tell he was on the verge of breaking down to tears. She was scared of what was going to happen and suddenly all she hears is thunder. He then began speaking of their mother, and father. Rayn went to her bed, sitting and preparing for anything that might make her lose her balance. "Rayn, I have bad news. M-mother and father..." His voice slowly trailed off. "They died tonight, On their way to a restaurant for their anniversary.... They got hit by a semi... I... I need you here with me Rayn..." He finally said. A single tear fell from her cheek and suddenly a slow down pour began. She sighed and wiped it away. "You have to be kidding." She replied with disbelief. Her brother let out a sigh. "I only wish Rayn. Please come back to Michigan Sis." He said with weariness in his voice. "I will be there by Wednesday." She replied simply.

She runs to her room throwing clothes into a large duffel bag. She lets out a large sigh and the down pour slows and comes to a stop. I must not cry..  she thought to herself. Remember what mother said.. hide the pain.