Chapter 1. Baby days

Ever since Tara was born, her parents could tell she was slightly different. As any other newborn baby would do Tara cried. Her tears squirting out her sapphire blue eyes. Her father would arise from the sofa to comfort Tara in her cot. His quite voice would sing a lullaby. However the lullaby would altar depending the different type of music which was popular at the time, weather it be rock and roll, pop, blues, what ever was popular Tara's dad would sing.

He was a stay at home dad. John (Tara's dad) would awake in the morning, with the house only occupied by himself and Tara. Tara's mother, Julie, worked in London in a big fashion firm. Julie would travel into work on the underground which meant leaving early in the morning at the rise of dusk. John would go into Tara's room and get her dressed, then he would carry her carefully down stairs and place her in her high chair. A normal baby would eat regular baby food but, whenever someone tried to feed it to Tara she would cry turquoise tears, that rolled down her rosy plump cheeks. The only food Tara would eat was: salmon, caviar, steak, lamb, lobster etc. So that meant every morning John would have to cook salmon and feed it to Tara. However Tara didn't like the idea of her father doing everything for her, so would attempt to feed herself.

Tara was a very independent child. Maybe this was to do with the fact that she was an only child. Her mother, Julie,was told by doctors that she was unable to have children and that when she conceived Tara it was a miracle. This meant that Tara was of course spoilt. And maybe that was why she wished to do everything herself.

Throughout the day when Julie was at worked and John looked after Tara, Tara would just sit on the floor and play with her toys, by herself. Tara would often wine and sob if her father, or anybody else for that matter, would attempt to play with her, it seemed she wished to be left on her own. So her father John had learnt she was better left to her own devices.

By the time 5 o'Clock had made its way about, Julie had made her way home, and as always bearing a gift for her "little" girl. When the Porsche car door was slammed shut and the golden key placed in the grand wooden door Tara had dropped her toys and turned facing towards the front door. "Hiii" Julie echoed. She made her way towards the lounge, where she new her husband and daughter would be. Tara sat up taller as her mother high heel clicking got louder and louder. "There she is my princess" She swooped down and picked Tara up. The child's face crumpled at being lifted up. "Oh I'm sorry baby still don't like being lifted" Julie face lathered in concern. "What's mummy got for you today, huh shall we look in the bag yeah!" Julie simply handed the designer bag to the baby, and let Tara open it. when the child pulled it out she revealed a lily white dress, with bright yellow sunflowers on it. Tara then dug her way to the bottom of the bag and pulled out some bright yellow leather shoes the same colour as the sunflowers on the dress. "Do you like them" her mother said worriedly, as if she would slice off her head if she didn't. Tara's expression was as black as a beige wall. "Look the shoes, they even have a little heel, like on mummy's shoes!" Julie pointed at the 1 inch heels on the yellow shoes and then at the heels on her own shoes. "only big girls are allowed to wear heels." Julie reported. At this Tara's face lite up.

*. *. *. *. *

"Oh John doesn't she look a picture! God where's my phone, ah here. Tara Tara over here smile for mummy! Good girl. You know it took me so long to put her in that dress, but it was worth it. Yes it was, wasn't it Tara" The dress and shoes fit perfectly as if they were just made for her, which they where. That was Julie's job to design clothes for a big London fashion firm. Julie nearly always found time at work to make Tara an outfit, and if Julie's boss like it then Tara got taken to her mothers work and got photographed. Tara had been in loads of magazines: vogue, woman's weekly, a la mode, dazed and confused, Elle, Fashion central, fashion weekly etc. She had modelled loads off her mothers creations, and she was a perfect model. With her light chocolate hair covered with a few curls, and her rounded face with rosy red cheeks that glowed. Her ocean eyes dazzling in any light that hit them. She had every chance to become a beautiful model.

Should I continue?