Chapter 37: Aquarius

They set off the next day, and Aquarius was slightly worried but also excited at the prospect of fighting a wyvern. She had spent most of last night doing her best to research them, alongside Capricorn and hoped her new information on them would pay dividends. She was also slightly happy as Gemini thought her hair was great, even though she didn't have time to wash it in the morning (she had made him promise, because if he was joking he would have been dead.)

The castle didn't have a road that led to or away from it, so as soon as they were a few yards away from the castle, their horses began to canter on grass. It was open field for around several moments, before the forest trees started to appear more and more, so when they turned back they couldn't even see the castle anymore through the thick canopies. They saw the mountains ahead, and Capricorn had said they were heading for the largest mountain that dwelled slightly further beyond.

Even though there was no clear path, the trees seemed to be on either side of them, as if the forest was parting ways for them to exit. Aquarius remembered it had been like that the day they had came here - the forest had seemed to be leading them to the castle, but Leo explained that a lot of non-demonhunters got lost and so were encouraged to stay away from the place.

"Have you ever fought a wyvern before?" Capricorn asked, as she rode her horse next to Aquarius.

Aquarius shook her head in response. "It's the first time I've heard of one being in Celestia. We'll need to watch ourselves, the demons are no joke."

"Well, I think we can win. We've fought greater demons before," Libra said.

"I like the optimism," Scorpio commended. "Hopefully, we can be back here within the week and try to locate this Malus. Maybe we even should look for Berial and fight him. The twelve of us could defeat him!"

"Well, we have a higher chance of success if we learn Ifreets weakness. Besides, Berial could be anywhere," Aquarius reasoned. She knew Scorpio would agree - it would be pointless to try and fight without learning what the demon Malus knew. Aquarius just hoped he would appear!

"Well, when do you think we should go back to Sleymon? We can't stay at the guild forever, can we?" Libra asked.

Scorpio shook her head. "Most likely we go back after we're done with this contract. So make sure you don't die and we can go back to our new home."

With that sentiment, Scorpio made her stallion gallop. Aquarius took off after her, determined to heed her words and make sure that she came back alive...

☆☆☆

After a day of travelling, the mountains finally seemed to get closer and closer and they had left the forest behind them. The trees also became more and more scarce, as meadows and grass fields started appearing all around them. There was even the forming of a dirt road, though it was very small and went in random directions, before tailing off.

Even though everyone was optimistic about fighting the wyvern, Aquarius noticed small signs of worry and nervousness coming from each of them... even Scorpio.

"Just beyond those hills is where we need to go. There's a small path that leads into the heart of the mountains," Capricorn said. She pointed to a bunch of clustered together hills that were placed towards the southwest. The mountains were more south.

"How'd you know?" Scorpio asked. "It doesn't seem that way." Aquarius had to agree, but she also knew Capricorn knew what she saying and so listened to her reasoning.

"I studied the terrain and read about how to traverse through here quickly. The path is there, directly behind the largest hill and it'll be between to small cliffs."