Behind her Smile

My Name is Dylan Cole Perez, I don't care about anyone until I bump into this very carefree yet shy girl. Her name is Alexandra Destiny Parker, and my whole world turned upside down.

---------X

I was walking carelessly with my earphones on when this petite girl bumped into me. She looked up and said sorry, then smiled at me before walking away.

Eversince that day, I always wanted to see her, I was curious about her. There's something in her smile that draws me to her. I noticed that she likes music and I always see her writing or reading, she is quiet and her smile, her smile is so beautiful, it's contagious. I also noticed that even though she is smiling, her eyes are filled with sadness.

I know I shouldn't care but in everyday of seeing her and staring at her from afar, I found myself slowly falling inlove with her.

I was known as the snob and cold hearhrob of our academy but why am I feeling this way towards a simple, shy, quiet and average girl. I tried walking away but everytime I see her smile, I find myself coming back to her.

The day came that I finally mustered up some courage to talk to her , and its the day I would never forget. I got to know her more and that day, I finally admitted to myelf that I am infact inlove with Alexandra Destiny Parker. One day, I heard her friends talking about her, about how she's so gullible and so easy to fool, then and there I knew that they aren't rue friends and they will only hurt Alex. The next day, I saw her notebook where she always write but she was nowhere to be found. I decided to sneak a peak and I read that she already knew about her friends but she still manages to smile even though it hurts her.

Everytime I see her, I can't help but think what is behind her every smile and laugh. It was almost midnight and were still talking through the phone when I heard breaking of things and slamming of the doors, after a while, I heard her sob, I got worried and asked her what was happening, she just replied with an "I'm alright, don't worry. I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow" then she hung up.

I learned so much about her and found out that she faced so many problems that she is hiding behind her smile. At the academy, I finally told her what I really feel but, guess what she told me,

"I'm in love with you Cole but we can't be together, I'm sorry" then she ran away, the next pains me the most. I went to her house just to find out that she's in the hospital. I went to the hospital as fast as I could and saw her, with tubes all over her, a tear fell from my eye. Her parents gave me a letter, from her, I opened it and tears ran down my face as I read it and dropped the letter as I, too dropped to my knees. I looked at her angelic face and remembered what she wrote to me.

Dear Cole,

        The day I first bumped into you, I already liked you, I mean, who would never like you? You are handsome but people said that you are cold and a snob so I was surprised when I found you staring at me. I thought that you talking to me was the best day of my life. but I know we wouldn't happen, You are sky and I am earth, were the complete opposite of each other.

I've always known about my friends but they are the only friends I have, I can't risk losing them.

The night that you and I were talking on the phone? My parents fought and I can't help but cry because it always happen. I tried to be happy so I always smile. then you confessed to me.

I was so happy but like I said, you are sky and I am earth,we will never reach. I can't be with you because I am sick, I can die anytime so instead of depression, I tried being happy, I smile, Laugh and play along with everyone's jokes. I smile even though it hurts, I don't want to see you hurt so I walked away. But Dylan Cole Perez, always remember. I will always love you.

                                                                                                                            Loving you always,

                                                                                                                      Alexandra Destiny Parker

I caressed her face and said " If I am the sky and you are earth, then love will be the rain for it joined our hearts together like how it joined the sky and the earth. Wake up now and I will show you how much I love you Alex." Then a miracle happened. she opened her eyes and smiled at me.

Her smile is the reason I loved her, but I know, behind her beautiful smile, lies the pain that she always endured and made her strong. All I can say is I Dylan Cole Perez, have fallen head over heels for Alexandra Destiny Parker who lived and survived cancer and is now my wife.

I have loved her with all my heart despite of what's behind her smile.