Not Alone

The gentle breeze of the cool night was comforting to the lonely girl on the rooftop. It was a hard day, and days like these she wanted nothing more than to close her eyes and sleep the pain away. She would wish that she could disappear for a while. This was her way of doing so. Late at night, she would crawl out of her balcony onto the roof and sit there with a blanket. She would look up, and although the city lights prevented the view of any stars, she could attempt to make them out in the distance and dream. Dream of a land far, far away from the mess around her. She would dream of a world out there where her life is different, and someway, somehow, that brought her comfort. It makes her feel that there's a chance that she's not stuck to this fate. It makes her feel less alone, less trapped. She sits and thinks on days like these. She's always been an emotional girl, and the more she thinks, the more she feels her mental breakdown bubbling deep in her chest, shaking her entire soul. She took a deep breath in, holding it in before slowly exhaling. She knows she needs to cry, it's the only way for her to feel better, but she wants nothing more than to be strong. If not for the people around her, then for herself.

So she sits. She sits under the stars swallowed by city lights. She sits on the rough rooftop alone. She sits as the gentle breeze blows her strawberry blonde hair around her. She sits and slowly closes her eyes. She sits in her own thoughts and emotions. She sits wanting something she feels she can never have. She sits alone until she hears soft movement making its way towards her.

She keeps her eyes closed as she feels a pair of arms wrap around her waist, pulling her in. She keeps her eyes closed as she leans her head on the shoulder of the newcomer. She keeps her eyes closed as she inhales the sweet scent of lavender. She savors the moment, soft, sweet, and comforting. She only opens her eyes when she finally hears a deep caramel like voice calling out her name.

"Chaeyoung," she turns her head to look at Jisoo. She stares down into the gorgeous girls eyes until her own start to blur with threatening tears. The very next moment, she feels someone sit down to her right. She feels a tear escape as Jennie rubs her shoulder and Lisa comes up and sits in front of her, holding her hand gently. She grips her hand tighter as she quietly sniffles.

"It's going to be ok, I promise." Jennie lets out softly and sincerely, finally cracking the heartbroken girl.

So she cries. She cries until she's engulfed in hugs. She cries until her sobs can be heard from anywhere. She cries to let out her anger and frustration. She cries until she can know for sure that everything will be ok. She cries as she knows that Jennie's right. She cries as she realizes that she doesn't know what she'd do without these three girls. She cries as she softly thanks them for being there. She cries until she tells them whats wrong. She doesn't stop crying until the four of them huddle together and fall asleep in comfort under the beautiful night sky.

________________________________

Here's a quick little something I wrote because I was feeling soft and sad. uwu I suggest listening to Surrender by Natalie Taylor while reading this. It was my main source of inspiration tbh because I listened to that while I wrote this lil baby oneshot shsksk.