Pippy

Pippy

<> () <>

1--Dreaming

There was something I longed for, evidently something that I wanted extremely badly. I had paid seventy-one dollars for this opportunity, for an example of how much I wanted it. And that thing was to meet, in my strong opinion, the best singer in the whole entire world--Colbie Caillat. I had given all the money I'd had for the chance to go to her concert, and tonight, I was fulfilling it.

I hoped she'd notice me. I had only a tiny bit of hope that I could meet her, though I knew it was only small. I would be a famous singer someday, and then, I would truly meet her, and sing a duet with her.

An hour later, I was waiting anxiously in the aisle seat of Row H, the 7th row from the stage. I wondered if Colbie Caillat was nervous. I wouldn't be. The more people watching me the better, when I was singing.

And then, the curtains opened. Colbie Caillat would appear!

But, there was always an opening band at the beginning of concerts, and instead, they filed out onto the stage, led by Andy Grammar. I clapped politely, and smiled, listening. Inside however, I was burning with extreme anxiety.

Their music went on and on...and I was beginning to worry. It had been ten minutes...twenty...twenty-five...was Colbie all right? Was the concert still going to happen as planned? Did she get called unexpectedly for an emergency?

2--The Concert

I was getting to be so bored that I almost fell asleep. Andy Grammar was doing so great, but the band was taking so long to--But wait!

The stage was blazing with all of the beautifully breathtaking spotlights as there could ever possibly be! And, when the light dimmed, Colbie Caillat was there, grinning, and began to sing. I sang along, of course, and held up my poster that I'd made for the concert to show off! I thought I could detect a smile in Colbie's voice, and, although I almost knew it was my imagination, I smiled back at the blurry shape glowing on the stage, and waved at her.

The final song was "Bubbly," and I was overjoyed, but that tiny sliver of hope that had been there the whole time was extinguished.

But then, security chasing after her frantically, Colbie was suddenly running stage right, down the stairs, and unmistakably towards my row! From the looks of it, no one else seemed to notice her but me, but how could this be?! I knew she hadn't come for me, I knew it. I was sure! As I was leaving with the crowd, I felt someone tap me on my shoulder gently.

I turned.

And gasped.

And blinked--

Colbie Caillat was looking at me! She was! It was her! It was all the same--her smooth, golden hair curled loosely with a hot iron, her gentle deep brown eyes, her true smile--and I turned scarlet. Colbie waved away the security people, kindly whispering,

"They won't know who I am if I'm with her." They hesitated, then reluctantly turned away. Colbie slipped her cool, gentle hand into mine, and said,

"Don't act shocked, OK? I don't think anyone will notice me if I stay with you."

"All r-right." I stuttered, shaking terribly. I was sweating, grasping her hand so tightly that I was sure she could barely feel it!!!

"Colbie Caillat!" I cried, still not loudly,"Are you really Colbie Caillat?!"

"Shhhh." she said almost sharply, and I saw an expression on her face that could not have said more clearly, Wait! When we emerged out of the auditorium and into a small unused room, at least unused at the moment, she felt less tense.