Chapter 1: Saved

{Y/N POV}
I whimpered, getting kicked in the stomach and slammed against the cold cement countless of times. I was drenched in my own blood, my f/a ears drooped down against my bruised head. My tail slowly stopped swishing, my eyes getting heavier and heavier.

"Fucking bitch!" Shouted my abusive 'boyfriend'. I only whimpered in response. "HEY, FUCKER! LEAVE HER ALONE!" I saw a blurred figure rushing towards me and my 'boyfriend'. Then everything went dark...

~Time Skip To The Next Morning~

I groaned, my entire body heavy while my body ached in absolute pain. I finally forced my eyes to open, my vision adjusting to the light. "...?" My eyes shot open, realizing I was in a hotel room. I jolted right up in bed, before shouting in pain, holding my bandaged up side.

A small whimper escaped my mouth, before hearing the door open. My attention was focused on the door, noticing a cupheaded male standing there, leaning against the door frame. "Hey.." He mumbled, "You okay?" Though he tried not to show it, I saw the concern in his ruby eyes.

I nodded without saying a word, my ears flat against my bandaged head. "Good." The cupheaded male muttered, "You really got yourself into something else, huh..?" He slowly approached me, causing me to flinch. I began to tremble. "P-Please don't hurt me!" I whimpered, clearly terrified.

"Hey, now." The male gave me a confused look, sitting beside me on the bed. "I ain't gonna hurt you." He gave a small smile, his eyes closed. "Name's Cuphead." I hesitated, before stuttering, "I-I'm Y/N..." My ears perked up, luckily no longer seeming as scared.

{Cuphead's POV}
Heh, cutie... I thought with a small smile. Once saying her name, I sighed with relief, glad that she no longer was afraid. I crossed my arms. "Anyway, who was that dickhead that was beating you up?" I cocked an eyebrow, when Y/N glanced away at the question.

What came out of her mouth next shocked me.. "M-My boyfriend..." Y/N stuttered out, tears pricking the corner of my eyes. My eyes grew wide. W-Who the FUCK would hurt Y/N?! Especially her BOYFRIEND?! My blood boiled in anger, my eyes glistening a bit of red. "Is that so..?" I growled.

I soon sighed. "Well," I started, trying to calm down my anger, "Don't worry. He won't get you here." I pulled Y/N into a warm, gentle embrace, which caused the f/a to blush at the action. I simply chuckled. Y/N was blushing brightly, but she soon calmed down into the hug, starting to quietly sob into my firm chest. "T-Thank you.." She sobbed out.

It broke my heart hearing her sob and cry. Why the hell do I care for a stranger..? I sighed, No matter what though, I vow on my fucking LIFE that I'll protect her.. I cradled Y/N in my warm grasp, until I noticed that the f/a fell asleep. I chuckled lightly. Cutie...

{To be continued}