.

Jimin was at dance practice with Jungkook when he feels it; a little twang in his brain, like a thread has been snapped. He stops, the music continuing in the background. He looks at Jungkook who has also stopped all movements and was frowning.

"Hyung, I think we should call the others back to the dorm," the maknae carefully states and Jimin already has his phone out dialing Hoseok's number.

Pressing a kiss to the younger's head; Jimin worries his bottom lip between his teeth.

One of his members and boyfriends was sad, and he had to know who and why, right this moment.

Jin had been at vocal practice when the call came. He had just been finishing up the song, which he had already done numerous times to perfection, when there was a little stutter in his voice, just a little stumble but it felt horribly wrong. An itch developed on the back of his neck, further aggravated when Jungkook's call comes and the maknae is telling him to meet up at the dorms.

Jin doesn't waste a second before wrapping up, thanking the coach and running out of the building like a mad man. He was going to kill anyone who dared to hurt his dongsaengs.

Namjoon was walking around a park, enjoying his day off when suddenly it felt different- the wind wasn't as cool, the sounds of children playing was annoying rather than endearing and the sun was suddenly scorching. He stilled, taking out his phone and checking up on social media, nope nothing there, then he checked the group chat which was unusually quiet. He had already turned on his heels, jogging to where the car was waiting for him when Jimin's call came.

Yoongi was in his studio, sipping coffee and scrolling through a good story he had found on the internet. It was quiet, a soft song playing in the background, and he felt quite at peace. His mind however was restless, quivering in anticipation, flight or fight reflexes ready to kick in. he closed the story ,too worked up to read the words and instead decided to walk around. He had taken two steps before realizing what was wrong and cursing himself for his stupidity dashed out the studio, song still playing in the empty room.

Hoseok wasn't particularly a fan of fairytales, sure he liked the occasional read but his experiences had taught him to not trust happily ever afters too much. So it had been sort of hard for him to accept that his bond with the other six was more than just that of members or lovers. It ran deep in their veins, the pull they felt towards each other heightened by the years of living together. He had always fancied them as magnets, drawn to each other through some natural force. Therefore, when his senses seized in fear for absolutely no reason at all before relaxing completely he knew it was one of his presumed soulmates who needed him. Rushing to the living room he found five of his boyfriends present looking like they too, had run all the way.

"Which of my boyfriends is sad?"

"Well it's not Hobi," Yoongi announced.

"What?"

"We tried calling everyone to see who it was but only you and Tae-Tae did not pick up."

"My battery died."

With the words realization sunk in the room voiced by their youngest. "If it's not Hobi Hyung then it must be-"

"Taehyung" Jin finished, sharing a look with the maknae.

As if of one mind all of them dashed to the second youngest's room, throwing the door open to reveal Taehyung, sitting upright, drowning in blankets, clutching one of his plushies, shoulders hitching with every breath. The lights in the room were turned off, clothes strewn around the floor of the usually tidy room. A lingering sadness floated in the air, so heavy and substantial that you could almost touch it.