The Change

Skye was normal girl, who goes to college, occassionally skips class, parties on the weekend, has a part time job, and usually takes on more than she can handle at a time. At least, that what she thought of herself. Decent grades, fairly well-liked, pretty when she wants to be, indepedent though with a couple of loving foster parents, an overall average normal life that majority go through. Until that fateful day.

It was dusk, and Skye was walking back from the library. It was Tuesday, and she had a test that Friday. Before that, she had an assignment due the next day and she had just started. Oh well, the deadline was at 5, and then she could start studying after. Plenty of time, she thought to herself, more to calm herself down. It was getting a little chilly, fall was round the corner. She only had a cardigan on.

Two more blocks to her studio, and it has already gotten dark. It seemed like it was going to rain, and the street was empty. Suddenly, there was a random person walking towards Skye. It was a guy, he was wearing a black jacket and a cap was covering half his face. He seemed to not notice Skye and kept walking towards her. Skye moved to the left, then to the right, to avoid colliding with the stranger. But he kept walking towards her. Suddenly, he held onto Skye's arm tight. She wanted to scream, but her breath was hitched in her throat. And then he proceeded to grope her. Her fear gave way to anger.

Skye was not going to take it quietly. She saw red, and kicked him in the balls. But she was also shaking, and ended up kicking his thigh, some damage, but not enough to let herself free. Her anger kept consuming her, until she went all animalistic. This was very new to her, since so far, she never had a reason to be this angry. This was a primal animalistic instinct kicking in from fear and self-preservation, giving way to anger.

Now, after a while, if you ask Skye about what exactly had happened, she herself would not be able to tell you anything after kicking him. The next thing she remembers is a cloud clearing in her head seeing less red, triggered by an overwhelming smell of blood. She was confused and still scared. Strangely, the guy who tried to molest her was on the ground, and looking at her utterly scared. No, petrified. And all the blood! It was so overwhelming, the metallic stink, and it was from all around her. She was really really confused.

And then she suddenly realised it was her who had caused this. She was on all fours now, and she could smell everything much clearly. She was covered with fur. She had paws and a snout now. The cardigan and jeans she remembered wearing was lying around her, all torn. Then she did only what she could do when she could not make sense of her surroundings anymore, when she was utterly confused, lost and scared. She ran.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is like a little prologue - kinda like, how it all started, what set it off - thingy. Would you like to know what happens to Skye after this? I promise, she meets a guy, eventually. Do vote and comment to let me know!

Cheers! :)