You Remind Me of Someone

Summary: Her new coworker reminded her of someone. Who? She didn't exactly know. Yosano-centric, Dad!Mori, one shot.

"Who do I remind you of?"

"Myself."

--Excerpt from Fifteen

XXX

Mori had pulled out a scalpel on instinct when he had felt the bloodlust emanating from the swordsman.

Fukuzawa was ready to fight.

And honestly, Mori was almost sad to disappoint his old bodyguard. But he wasn't here for a fight, he wasn't here to bring Yosano back with him. No, he had shown up at the hospital rooftop for a different purpose. He tucked his weapon back into his sleeve. "Fukuzawa-dono, take her."

Fukuzawa warily sheathed his katana. "Mori-sensei, what do you mean?"

"I mean, take Yosano," Mori repeated. He shrugged, adding, "She will do far better with you than with me and the military."

Fukuzawa's eyes remained full of distrust, hand near his sword.

Mori gave an eye-smile. "I don't lie in negotiations, you know that."

Fukuzawa carefully nodded.

XXX

Yosano stared at her new coworker.

"Would you be interested in committing a double suicide with me?" Dazai happily proposed with a large smile.

"No," Yosano immediately shot down.

Dazai dramatically clutched his chest.

Kunikida walked over, hit his partner on the head, and dragged Dazai back to his desk.

It was fake. It was all fake. Yosano could tell now, after working with Dazai for three days. The smile was fake. The cheery countenance was fake. The body language was fake. Fake, fake, fake. Yosano didn't like him.

XXX

"And that's how the former president of the biggest corporation in Yokohama got fired," Ranpo finished.

Yosano laughed slightly. "So that's how you knew about that vase." Although talking with Ranpo, she was still working, cleaning her tools.

The door to the office opened.

"What were you doing?" Kunikida fumed. He clutched his notebook and pen in a death grip to keep himself from lunging at his irritating partner. "I swear if you-"

"Death has eluded me again," Dazai dramatically cried. He stopped beside his desk, picking twigs and leaves from his hair and throwing them in a trashbin.

Kunikida's knuckles turned white. He clenched his teeth.

"Surely you don't actually want to die," Kenji blurted out. He had a finger to his lips, curiosity and naivety on his face in equal measure.

Dazai smiled. His eyes were dead. "Why would you ever assume that?"

Kenji tilted his head to the side, confused. "People in the city sure are weird," he commented.

Yosano paused, looking at Dazai. She pursed her lips. Everything about him still screamed 'wrong' to Yosano even though they had been working together for a month now. She knew this feeling, but she didn't remember from where or when.

XXX

Yosano was leaning against the wall nearby the double doors of the infirmary. Nobody had been injured today-things were slow again. She fiddled with the butterfly clip in her hair.