Glass Hearts {Austin Carlile Fanfiction}

~Mackenzie's P.O.V~

I walk down the halls of Pensacola High School, with the first bell about to ring. "Kenzie!" I hear Austin call from behind me. I turn and he almost runs into me. "Hey." I say and back up a little. He smiles and I try to smile back. I've liked you since middle school, I think to myself. "You wanna skip today?" he asks and I tilt my head. "Mr. Goody-two-shoes wants to skip?" I ask, pretending to be shocked. He grins, "Hey, if you were bullied constantly every day of your life since middle school wouldn't you want to skip?" "Well, of course." I say and he looks at me with that look of "I told you so."

"So where should we go?" I ask as we walk towards the front doors. He glances at me and I see a wild look in his eyes. "I was thinking we could go to the water tower." I laugh. "Race you to my car!" He says quickly and takes off running. "No fair!!!!" I call and run after him. "ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR MY FRIEND!!!!" He shouts and I groan.

"AUSTIN MOVE!!" I try to shout but I said it to late. I run right into him. "Woah!" He says and catches me before I fall. Our hands touch and I pulled my hand away. "You okay?" He asks and I laugh it off. "Hell yeah. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's midnight and Austin is driving me home. "I can't believe we stayed there for like 16 hours!" I say and he laughs. "I guess that's what we get for having fun." He says and I yawn. "My parents are going to kill you, Austin." I say and he shrugs. "I don't give a fuck. I was with my best friend all day and that's all that matters." He says. Best friend. Great. Stuck in the friend zone. Again. How in the hell do you tell your best friend that you're in love with them? Do you even tell them? Do you just let it go? I sigh and look out the window. "We're here." he says and I nod. "Hey Austin?" "Yeah?" I hesitate.

"Thanks for the ride." I say and get out. He rolls down my window, "Welcome." I feel him watch me as I walk up the stairs, on to my front porch and through the front door. "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?? IT'S MIDNIGHT AND THE SCHOOL CALLED SAYING THAT YOU AND THAT DICK AUSTIN WEREN'T THERE!!!!" My dad yells at me. "I was at the water tower." I say and walk into the kitchen.

"Well I don't you seeing him anymore. He's trouble and I don't want you having sex at a young age." I look at him, "You don't control me!" I rush past him but he grabs my arm and yanks me back. "You are not seeing him again." He snaps and I nod out of fear.

"Now get to bed." He lets go of my arm and I run to my room. I grab my phone and call Austin. "Hey." He says and I start talking fast. "My dad doesn't want me around you anymore because he thinks your trouble and he doesn't want me having sex at a young age and I don't know why he's such a dick!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down." Austin says, "I'll stay on the phone with you till one of us falls asleep. So if your dad comes in, I'll hear it." "Thanks." I say and lie down on my bed.

We talk for hours and hours. I'm sure that it's 4 AM before he falls asleep. Even when I fell asleep, he was still on the phone. Keeping me company. Friend zone? Yeah, I'm stuck in the friend zone again and again.

-----------------------------------------------

So this is chapter 1...what do you readers think? Comment, yeah?

Adorable picture of Austin Carlile. Yes. Kay. Bye.