March 17, 1970

Dear Diary,

My name is Elizabeth, I am 11 years old and today is my birthday. I am wide awake full of excitment for what is about to come and my parents are still asleep. I know where they keep the presents! I stumbled acrossed it when I was 7 by accident with my dad when I was looking for my stuffed bunny, Whiskers. Mom hides all the presents in her closet and Daddy doesn't know about it either. I guess we were both in awe when I found presents wrapped in bright colored bows. I am trying to not write that much to save the paper so I will write to you later.

Hours have passed since the last entry..

Yes!! I can't believe my birthday so far! When my Dad came home from work and met me and mommy in the kitchen, he brought me home a bright pink dress and a green ribbon for my hair to go with it. I ran to my room and put on my dress. My mommy came in and helped me with wrapping the green ribbon so it can hold up my hair. We went back into the kitchen, then mommy then brought out my presents.

There were only 3 of them but I was still happy. I opened the first one, I screamed my head off when I was holding an album of The Beatles, Abbey Road in my own little hands. I set it on the table and asked if we can listen to it later. Of course they said with a smile "Yes" And I went on to the next present. It was a perfectly squared box with green wrapping paper and a ribbon to match. I stuggled to take off the ribbon and ripped the paper and opened the white box underneath. It was a piggy bank with a girl with brown short hair and a bow holding music beside a green sheep. I looked at them and smiled as I set it onto the wooden table beside The Beatles album. "It was on the doorstep." My mommy said nervously as she handed me the last present and I can see why.

The gift was in a rectangle shape covered in a dark red wrapping paper and a black silk ribbon, nothing like how mommy would wrap it. I can feel the smile disappear from my face and nervously opened the present. There was a doll inside its cardboard box. The doll looked different from the porceline dolls a girl my age would usually get. It had blonde hair that went down to its shoulders that had a bit of a curl to it. Its eyes were huge and red as if it was going to cry. The doll was wearing a dress that looked like it was made from potato sacks. On the bottom left corner of the front box read "Little Miss No-Name." I disagreed with the title that was given to the doll and I decided to name her Missy. My parents offered to return her but I wanted to give Missy a chance. I just couldn't say no to the big eyes. My parents shrugged and went along with it. I went back into my room and admired her on my bed. Missy was still in her box standing there innocently. I ripped open the box she was in and held her beside me and now me and her are writing to you in this book. I am sleepy from today so I am going to sleep. Night Dairy!