Typical Crossfit Workout

Looking to get in shape once and for all? Good on you! Health really is more important than anything else. In this modern world, it's only to easy to be sucked up by all the conveniences technology has to offer. While it has made our lives easier, it is good not to forget about the basics: good health and a holistic lifestyle that is more valuable in the long run.

If you're interested in getting fit, why not try crossfit? You've certainly heard about this type of exercise from a lot of people, and no wonder. It has been gaining popularity as of late. Crossfit, in essence, is a core strength and conditioning program. The program describes itself to deliver fitness that is "broad, general and inclusive." It is designed to apply to almost any type of individual, as long as they have the dedication to go on with the program. It was based on the needs of many professional athletes, martial artists, military agents and police academies worldwide.

Crossfit exercises are characterized by WODs. These are ‘workouts of the day’ and are an assigned workout that you are meant to accomplish. There is no competition in doing these; you just need to be able to do it with proper form. Once you are done, you can consider it an achievement! The best thing about crossfit is how it fosters a sense of community. Crossfit Singapore members are positive and upbeat, and know that lifting each other up is the best way to accomplish both shared and individual goals. 

Interested in Crossfit? Check out these latest workouts to be sure if this program is something you are seriously keen in pursuing. These are all WODs which are used in real Crossfit training programs.

3 rounds for time of:

185-lb. deadlifts, 32 reps

32 hanging hip touches, alternating arms

800-meter running farmer carry, 15-lb. dumbbells

In front of a clock set for 12 minutes:

1 minute of 115-lb. power snatches

1 minute of GHD sit-ups

2 minutes of 115-lb. power snatches

2 minutes of GHD sit-ups

3 minutes of 115-lb. power snatches

3 minutes of GHD sit-ups

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

10 burpee pull-overs

30 squats

60 seconds of handstand hold

Complete as many rounds as possible in 28 minutes of:

115-lb. overhead squats, 9 reps

1 legless rope climb, 15-foot rope, beginning from seated

115-lb. bench presses, 12 reps

165-lb. squat cleans, 1 minute

Rest 3 minutes

185-lb. squat cleans, 1 minute

Rest 3 minutes

205-lb. squat cleans, 1 minute

Rest 3 minutes

165-lb. squat cleans, 1 minute

Rest 3 minutes

185-lb. squat cleans, 1 minute

Rest 3 minutes

205-lb. squat cleans, 1 minute

Try for max reps each round without dropping the barbell.

10 2-minute rounds of:

5 pull-ups

10 push-ups

15 squats

5 pull-ups

10 push-ups

15 squats

Row for calories

Rest  1 minute between rounds.

 Source: http://www.crossfitunit.sg/