Chapter One

The Bulwark Mark III, known as Vanquisher loomed over the planet Ryloth. Or Tuma, the outer-most planet of the Ryloth system, and barely a red glow in the distance, and Mon Bala, inner most-planet, was on the other side of the system, hiding behind the star, known also as Ryloth. This is the Star System that contained the home planet of Jacen Brashin's master, Zaalbar Tokocharger. 

        Jacen Brashin stood watch on the Bridge of the Vanquisher, In the Outer Rim, orbiting the Twi'lek home planet. The New Republic Intelegence (NRI) had received information, that Warlord Dassyne had plans to ambush the simi-insignificant planets in the outer-rim, in attempt to rebuild the Empire, by starting out small, before going big.

        The New Republic was still fresh, after the fall of the Empire. The Empire's forces were still running amok, attacking Republic ships, and freighters. The New Republic reused the Star Destroyer forges, which were still intact, and recycled destroyed ships. 

         "Captain, I'm reading a distortion in hyperspace. Four ships, sir."  Ponda Danva said.

         "What class?" Jacen asked.

        "Two Victory II class Star destroyers, an Executor-class Star Dreadnought, and a Nebula class Star Destroyer."

        Jacen's fleet consisted of an assortment of battleships, including the Vanquisher, Three Victory I class Star Destroyers, and half a dozen Nova class Battle Cruisers. The Bulwark Mark III was 2,500 meters long, had 1,250 turbo-lasers, and 600 ion cannons. It was a mobile fortress.

        The Nova-class battle cruisers was only 400 meters long, but could last a standard year, without refilling provisions, and equipped with lots of weaponry, but still nowhere near the firepower of the Bulwark III. Very maneuverable, and swift, the Nova-class Battle Cruiser was a ship of the Hapans, but Jacen had managed to get hold of a few.

        The Star Dreadnought came into view. It was relatively small, compared to Darth Vader's personal Super Star Destroyer, Executor, this one was only seven kilometers long.

        "Sir, incoming transmission." Ponda said.

        The hologram appeared in the center of the bridge, adding a very slight tint of blue to its surroundings. It flickered twice, then a humanoid for took shape.

        "I am Jodo Dassyne, Warlord of the Empire, and Captain of the Imperial Ship, Venom. I am here for only one reason, and that is you have something of mine, and I want it back. Now we can make things simple, or..." Dassyne said, and broke off for a second. "We can do this the hard way, which will inevitably end in your destruction."

        "And I am Jacen Brashin, Captain of the Vanquisher, of the New Republic." Jacen said back "Dassyne, did you say? I can't say that I have heard of you." He lied. He knew very well who Captain Dassyne was.

        "You are in no position to be making insults Boy." Dassyne snarled. "Let me say this again. You have something of mine and I want it back." 

        "I'm afraid I don't know what you are missing." 

        "I'll give you one more chance. I am a very shot tempered man, and I don't like it when people don't do what I want. So if you don't agree to my terms, I will gladly blow you to oblivion!"

        Jacen thought about this for a second, and then Dassyne interrupted his thoughts. "Captain Brashin, We both know what you have. Tallon Gev designed a new hyperdrive system, much faster and efficient than the one these Star Destroyers are equipped with. The man named Han Solo, who owns the Millennium Falcon, will no longer have the fastest junk heap in the galaxy anymore."