Chapter 1

CHAEYOUNG SIGHED AS she finished typing up a chapter for her book.  Her hair was pulled up in what was supposed to be a neat bun, but strands of hair had fallen out due to her running her fingers through her scalp multiple times.  She removed her spectacles, and rubbed sooting circles around her eyes.

She was ecstatic that she had finally finished the goal she had set for herself, leaving her with loads of free time for the weekend.  Chaeyoung stretched her arms up in the air, a satisfied moan leaving her lips.

The female closed her laptop gently, and reached for her phone sitting right beside the former device. 

Chaeyoung had shut down her phone to prevent distractions, so when she had brought the electronic back to life, she was bombarded with notifications.

Instagram, Twitter, 4 messages from Lisa, and 3 missed calls from Lisa.  All from about an hour ago.

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes in confusion.  Lisa should have known that she was busy today, right?  After all, she had told her about her workload today.  Chaeyoung exhaled as she tapped on one of the messages.

Lisa

hey, u busy rn?

txt me or call me once ur done w work

please

i rly need someone to talk to rn :(

Chaeyoung frowned at the messages.  Did something happen with her boyfriend?  Did she get fired?  Did she send a message of her complaints about her boss to her boss by mistake again?

Worried, the female hastily pressed the call button, and waited anxiously for her friend to answer.

Ring

Ring

"Chaeng?  Are you done with work?" A quivering voice greeted her.  Wait, quivering?  Was she crying?

"Yes Lisa.  Are you okay?  You sound like you've been crying." Chaeyoung voiced with concern.

She heard a sniffle on the other end.  "I-It's T-Taehyung."  Chaeyoung nodded despite Lisa not being able to see her.  So this was about her boyfriend of four months.

"What about him?  Did he hurt you?" Chaeyoung asked softly.  She had met her friend's boyfriend on some occasions and he seemed nice.  Lisa really liked him.

Chaeyoung could hear Lisa burst into tears and her brows furrowed as she listened to her best friend's cries.  "Lisa?  Do you want me to come over?  We can always have a girls' night." She offered.

Lisa sniffled.  "Yes please." She croaked.  "I just want to get my mind off of him right now." 

"Alright, I'll be right over in a couple, okay?  Stay put.  Do you want ice cream?  Beer?"  Chaeyoung questioned as she got up from her chair.  She wasn't in anyway presentable right now.  She was still in her baby pink silky pajamas from the morning, and her hair was disheveled.  But who gives a damn about appearance when her friend clearly needed her right now?

Her friend was silent for a moment as she pondered on an idea.  "Can we go clubbing instead?  I've always wanted to go, but I didn't want to go alone." Lisa whispered, her voice still hoarse.