Chapter 1: A Silent Place

Matthew was walking home from school, taking another route than usual. He came across a little forrest path, and kept an eye on it as he walked past. as soon as he took his 5th tiny step, now being a meter away the path disappeared. He stopped dead in his tracks, and taking a step towards it again. The path slowly appeared again, and the bird soaring through the sky above his head stopped. It was still in the air as if time had frozen around him.

He stared at the bird and grabbed his phone,
and then looked at the clock for a good 2 minutes without moving as much as an inch. No movement at all. 14:49, and it didn’t move the slightest.

His mom said he always had a strong imagination, but this? This can’t be done by his imagination, especially when he was, have never, and will never imagine a bird stopping up like that. Lately had actually not imagined anything really.. He heard the faintest of whispers, and his look returned to the path. He slowly stepped closer. “Matthew...Matthew...come closer...come to me...come see what your land has become...come see what they’ve done to you…” The silence whispered. He was confused, but without thinking he slowly stepped in. He walked through the forest, looking all around. Everything was still in air, and nothing moved.
He breathed heavier as he stepped through some leaves and disappeared into it. When he opened his eyes again he felt horrified.
A little boy’s laughter was faintly heard as he looked around in the dark blue-gray world of where the path had let him.

it was beautiful, and yet absolutely scary, depressing honestly. the leaves falling from the dying tree was staying in place, not landing on to the water. The waved ring that formed around the one leaf that was laying on the lake already, didn’t expand or shrink.
Matthew stood there, silent. This place, it was a stranger to matt...yet so familiar; and there it was again..the whisper. He was closer to it he knew it, but still it didn’t become louder, or more quiet. “Matthew...Matthew...can you see me…?”