Games

The light was blinding as I opened my eyes "Alice" my big sister Alodia said as I sat up.

"Morning" I groaned.

"Alice it's noon and you were supposed to be playing games with me" she pouted.

"I'm sorry" I said looking up at her and the board games she had in her arms. Alodia is beautiful,with shimmering blonde hair and amazingly fair skin,she is everything I am not. I am Alice but everyone refers to me as Alodia's little sister. I have long brown hair, blue eyes and sun tanned skin. nobody ever notices me but that's ok I'll always have papa and Alodia.

"Ok let's play then"I say sitting up in the grass were I fell asleep "but I bet I'll win"I challenge.

"Well let's see about that"she challenges back. "Pick your cards"she says. I pick the blue deck because blue is my favorite color. She picks red. We play a few rounds of a game we created called Card Soldiers until Alodia interrupts my winning streak.

"I'll be right back I promised Papa I would help Bella get dressed for her birthday party" she says and begins to pack up the cards. Bella is our little 5 year old sister she will be 6 years old today.

"Wait leave them here so we can play more when you are back" I ask hoping that she will come back and not forget.

"Ok I'll be right back" she yells over her shoulder as she runs off.

I sit and wait for what seems like an eternity until I come to the conclusion that she has forgotten and is most likely inside our home having a cup of tea with Papa. I start to pick up the cards, but I decide that Alodia may still be coming so I wait some more,until my eyes start to droop and my eyelids get heavy and I fall asleep on the grass once more