Chapter 1: The First Meeting

(Reader's POV)

"Ugh. Why do I have to run away in the first place?!"

My feet run as fast as I could,  dodging every leaves and branches coming in my way.

"That bastard prince!  Why did he like me in the first place--woah!"

I failed to noticed the rock in front of me causing me to fall and twisted my ankle in the process. The pain sent shivers to my spine. I tried to stand up but the pain forbid me to do so.

I heard the  fast noise of the horse feet and I my eyes landed on the tree and hid myself.

"Where's that girl?!"

I quickly held my mouth in my hands, as my heart thumping from every footsteps I heard.

"Keep looking! We couldn't afford losing that girl!  She's the most beautiful i've ever seen. Go!"

"Yes, your majesty."

The sounds of the feet of the horses faded away and I let out a sigh of relieve. I look at my ankle and saw the discoloration. I touch it and let out a painful moan.

"Haa~ now what to do?" I ask myself as I look at the sun setting.

The thought of those people come back and see made me cringe.

"For now, I should leave or else they would totally find me here."

I stood up and closed my eyes from the pain and started limping out of the forest.

(Zen's POV)

"Zen!  Zen!  Where are you?! Zen!"

I quickly hide in the wall and laugh silently as Mitsuhide and Kiki keep looking for me. I just escape from the castle since i've been doing nothing but paperworks for the entire week.

I laugh silently again as I thought of Mitsuhide's panicking face while looking for me when suddenly I heard a footstep coming closer and a loud thud.

I suddenly stop laughing and stare at the direction it's coming. I held my sword on my side and I lift up, walking silently.

"Zen!  This is where yo--"

"Shh!"

"what--"

I continued walking from the direction as Mitsuhide and Kiki follow me behind. 

I quickly withdraw my sword when I heard the rustling of the leaves and my eyes landed on the ground with a girl unconscious.

I pick her up and saw the cuts on her hands and feet. Her face is pale but undeniably gorgeous.

Mitsuhide went to my aide as I lifted the girl and bring her to our cottage.

(Normal POV)

Y/n woke up from a towel dripping from her face.  She slowly lift herself up as her hand removed the damp towel. Her eyes travelled from the place and saw nothing.

"Hey."

She was shocked when a sword was suddenly pointed at her. Her eyes met the white-haired guy who was elegantly beautiful making her cheeks flushed.

"Who are you?"

Her eyes traveled to his beautiful blue eyes down to his high but well-defined nose and think lips. He dressed well and his height isn't that tall unlike the green with a brown- haired guy behind him but he was beautiful and she felt like she was looking at some kind of goddess and left her silent.

"W-wah!  ! W-wait! I'm not bad!" her senses came back and reacted.

"Who are you? Are you here capture me?" the white-haired guy said as he pointed the sword closer to her making her gulped.

"I-It's not what you think it is..!"

He narrowed his eyebrows and glared at her.

She sighed.

"Look. I may look really suspicious but i'm telling you the truth.  I don't know who you are or where am I. I was being chased by the prince of Tanbarun and the next thing I knew I was here."

He look at the guy and the girl and he looked back at her again.

He sighed as he sat by one of the chairs.

"Okay. It convincing but let me tell you--" he look at her in the eye as he held his chin on his clasp hands.

"I am not letting my guard down. I.. just feel bad for you." his cheeks flushed as he turned away.

Y/n laugh a little and quickly held her mouth as she noticed what she's doing.

"What are you laughing at?" he asked.

"Nothing."

He scratched the back of his neck and held his hand for her.

"It would be bad if we would stay here for a while without knowing each other name..

I'm Zen.. You?"

She held her hand with his and felt an electricity flow through them both.

"I..I'm.. Y/n."

"Nice to meet you,  Y/n."