Chapter 01: The Start

A/N That thing up dere. The, um... The thing. Above this. The cover. I made it. In, like, 30 seconds. So for all the haters:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

I have five fingers,

And the middle one's for you.

Chapter 01: The Start

Here we go. First day of college. Let's be serious. You got this.

Gabriel Iglesias flashed across my mind, doing his act on drunk driving.

I immediately lost control of the situation, laughing. People looked at me like I was high. Eh, who cares. I walked through the doors of the University, towards a fresh start. I walked over to the reception desk, going to check in. The woman looked circa 45, possibly a smoker.

"Hello, sir. How are ya today?" she asked me in a raspy voice. Damn, I was right. I couldn't help but once again have a memory of a friend as I heard this and read the name tag pinned to her chest. My friend back in Wyoming had a persona known as Debra, the diabetic smoker, and the woman in front of me had "Deborah" pinned to her chest. Thanks for helping me out here, God, you sure know how to make my life easier.

"Hello, ma'am, um, I'm here for my dorm key."

"Just one moment, sir."

She typed on her keyboard at an alarming speed, making me think her fingers would've met the same fate as her her cigarettes.

"You have Room 35, floor 2, Building A."

"Thank you... Deborah." I said, stifling a giggle.

"Oh, and here's your schedule. Classes start at 10:00, so you should have enough time to get up... hopefully."

As I walked over to Building A, I noticed some girls trying to steal some glances at me. Hell yeah, am I right? Just kidding. They probably noticed my unusually small travel bags and wondered if I brought anything at all. I was so busy contemplating why they were looking at me, I nearly ran into Building A's clean glass door.

I sure am considerate.

I grabbed the metal door handle and pushed.

And pushed.

Then realized you pulled.

I had everyone snickering at me by then, I could tell by the way they looked at me.

#YOLO

I took the flight of stairs up, then looked for the door number "35". I quickly found it. My key fit snugly into the lock as I realized (from trying) it was locked. I opened the door... And I smelled pizza. The DiGiornio kind.

I loved this person already.

I walked in, looked at the timer, and sat down sadly on the overstuffed couch my roommate must have brought, as it still had about 5 minutes left. I then quickly stood up.

Oh, shit dog. I'mma be livin' with someone I didn't know. When was my brain going let it dawn upon me that someone wasn't going to be living in the same apartment as me, possibly, like, some sort of killer? I'll give you the answer: it wasn't. So I just went to the rooms to find out who I was with. I quickly realized the door far down the hallway was the room they took.

I walked down the hallway, wondering what they could be doing right now. I faintly heard someone talking, specifically a female. Hmm. I guess my roommate had a girlfriend. I closed my eyes, drew in a deep breath, and knocked.