1

The last thing Ali expected when a knock sounded on her door was an apologetic-looking Kelley O'Hara to be standing there with a six pack and what looked like Chinese take-out.

"I'm probably the last person you want to see after tonight," the smaller defender spoke up hesitantly.

Ali sighed. "No, it's okay," she said, moving to open the door wider. "Come in."

"Thanks," Kelley replied, entering the house.

"Not to sound rude," Ali started as she shut the door, "but what are you doing here?"

"Well, you seemed upset after the final whistle," Kelley answered as she followed Ali into the living room. "And I know that we've never really hugged after games, but you didn't even look at me afterwards," she explained, setting the food and beer on the coffee table. "And Crystal texted me saying you didn't go out with your team afterwards, which isn't out of the ordinary when you're upset about a game," she added.

Ali nodded. "But that doesn't explain why you're here."

"Crystal also told me about the chants," at that Ali winced. "I figured you were pissed about it. So I may have texted Ash asking what the best way to say sorry to you was," she finished sheepishly.

Ali smiled slightly. "You know I'm not mad at you, right?"

Kelley shifted on her feet. "I wouldn't be upset if you were," she answered quietly.

The taller woman sighed. "Come here," she said, closing the distance between the two and pulling Kelley into a hug. "I'm not mad at you," she said. "Yes, the things those fans said were frustrating, but I'm not upset at you. And yeah, the loss is frustrating, but I'll get over it," she explained. "Kelley, I can't be mad at you because you didn't ask to be the starting right back. You earned it," she stated, with a hint of pride in her voice.

"I just didn't want you to be angry with me," Kelley replied, her voice wavering. "Especially with camp right around the corner."

"I'm sorry," Ali said, pulling the younger player in for another hug. "I didn't mean to make it seem like I'm angry with you, because I'm not, okay?" she asked, and Kelley nodded. "Okay, why don't we sit down and eat, yeah? I haven't had dinner yet," she said, moving to grab plates and utensils from the kitchen. Kelley nodded, and started to pull the containers from the bag.

"So," Ali started when she returned, "you asked Ash for advice on what to do when I'm upset?" she asked in amusement.

Kelley nodded sheepishly. "I didn't know if I should have just left you alone or if it was okay to try talking to you, and I figured Ash has probably upset you enough to know what to do," she explained. "Also, I really didn't want to deal with an angry Ashlyn Harris if you ended up telling her about tonight. The internet may think your girlfriend is a harmless puppy, but she's scary when she's mad."

Ali laughed. "You know Ash wouldn't do anything to you," she responded.

"That's questionable," Kelley countered. "She'd probably start targeting me in her scare pranks for revenge."

"Hmm, maybe," Ali conceded. "You know I'm happy for you though, right?" Ali asked, returning their earlier conversation.

Kelley looked away. "Even after tonight?"

"Even after tonight," the brunette replied, placing a hand on the other's shoulder. "Really, I am," she stated adamantly. "If I was going to lose my starting spot, I'm happy it was to you, and not one of the newbies. At least you have national team experience."

Kelley nodded, and the two ate in silence for a few minutes.

"Are you okay?" Kelley asked, breaking the silence. "And not just tonight," she added hastily. "I noticed last camp you were frustrated, but I didn't know if you'd want to be asked about it."