Chapter 1: First Impression

???(POV)

It was a regular school day at Miluwakee High. When I saw a familiar face.

It was Johnathon Cunningham, my best friend from primary school.

He was 5 ft 4 a little chubby, wore glasses, and his face resembled a grater due to the numerous amount of pimples that covered it.

As to mines was smooth and spotless well anyways enough about him for now as I walked up to him giving him a shove not enough to topple him over but to get his attention.

He looked up out of his locker and said "What's up ?" I replied "Schools a drag" He laughed as we made our way quickly to class trying to beat the bell.

We took our usual seats mine near the window because I liked to look at the pool watching the water as it glistened in the sunlight.

But just as we were settling in, there was a knock on the door.

All of our attention was pointed towards it that's when I saw him.

The most handsome no gorgeous guy in the world well maybe not the world.

My eyes met his deep blue ones. His pink lips looked so tempting, hair brunette.

I still had no clue as if who this handsome mysterious guy was I didn't have to look at the girls faces I could read there expressions by the way they whispered and giggled amongst themselves as they looked at him.

Walking into the room with the principal who was two steps behind him. He was short, bald, and fat with his beady eyes. He spoke with his pitchy voice that went from low to high saying "This is Xion Smith he's going to be joining your class"

Our teacher hadn't arrive as yet so he said " Take a seat son". One girl shouted "there's an empty seat over here next to me "

To my surprise he took the seat next to me on my right everybody's eyes still glued onto him as he sat down. He looked at me again with his deep blue and said nothing. In fact the class was almost to the end and this guy hadn't said anything yet. Is he the shy type that doesn't talk ? Yeah I thought it'll be good to make a new friend too.

I slept through most of my classes. I really don't care about doing my home work but tests and exams were another thing. Thanks to my mom, I inherited her smart genes.

Oh! it's lunch time. Turning to my right where Xion sat " Yo want to get some Chill together ? I hope he didn't get the wrong idea. He looked up not saying a thing. I was the first person to speak to him all day.

"Sure, but where ?" he said with his thick southern accent. It surprised me that he actually responded. I replied "Let's get lunch first " Then we'll go to the roof because other students are scared to go up there. "Yeah, sounds cool" we both smiled.

Xion (POV)

"Oh I didn't get your name" He looked at me and said "Eric, Eric Crown" He went and got a banana and milk from the lunch lady. I mimicked him because I wasn't sure how the food tasted. He then asks "You like your fruits too huh ? Smiling I just nodded like a little kid.

When we got to the roof it was cool, it had a great view we both sat down and ate our lunch. Then Eric asks. "Do you know anyone here at this school ? As he took a bite out of his banana I guessed he was waiting for my answer. I replied "No not at all my parents just wanted to start some where fresh" He then says " Oh that's cool" just then the bell rings and we left the roof heading to our next class.

Eric's (POV)

The rest of the day was a drag. My first impression of Xion was he's just one of those stuck up good looking people who hang out with others like himself I guess that's why they say don't judge a book by its cover. He wasn't at all like I first thought he wsst pretty cool to hang with. He reminded of my brother in a way laid back and a little childish.

Maybe were going to be good friends I thought to myself because we get along so well . Just then the final bell snapoed me out of my sub-consciousness. I headed out towards the shaded tree in front of Miluwakee High where we usually go to talk about stuff and waited for my brother to pick me up. When I arrived I met all of them there. Claire was doing her usual stuck in the mirror applying lip gloss to her mouth Claire is one of those people that cares about how others see her. Rashad and Trevor was doing what they always do watching the girls walk by and comparing who's rack was bigger. And then there's Draè and Taeé they're twins were always arguing about something stupid I guessed and it turns out I was right.

Just as I was about to say something it heard my name being called. I spun around to see it was my brother Reeve. He was driving his red sports car you'd think that we're rich well we are mom and dad were always busy working , dad travelled a lot so we barely even see him I'm starting to forget how he even looked oh well. I started towards the car and called out over my shoulder to my friends "see you guys later." It seems only Anna heard me she was the shy one in the group but also the smart one. Anna replied by waving her hand.

Jumping into the cars passenger side as I closed the door Reeve grabbed my head and gave me a knuckle sandwich saying " What's up baby brother" I replied as I strapped the seat belt on " I'm tired can we just go home please". Reeve and I have a close bond because like I said he was the parent now. He flashed a pearly white smile and started driving home. When we arrived we met mom in the kitchen making sandwiches. She looked up as we entered looking at me, she said " Hey honey I missed you" walking over and giving me a hug I hugged her back because it was good to see her again and then she asked "Want a sandwich ?" I said "Yes" in excitement moms sandwiches were to die for. I could put 4 down in a matter of 3 minutes. After I was finish I left mom and Reeve discussing on how he was doing in College.

Walking up the stairs to me and Reeve's room. Yes we share a room it wasn't the cleanest nor the dirtiest but it'll do for me. There are two beds and two closets Reeve's bed closes the window mines to the wall which was paint blue and a lamp in between our beds. I walked over to my draw and picked out a red plaid pajamas and slipped it on. I looked at my phone for any messages as Reeve walked in picking up his laptop. When I was done laid down in the bed covering up in my thick blanket because it was cold. And just thought about my day and of Xion about how is was wrong to judge him before I got to know him and then I just drifted off into dream land.