Where We Are...

In outer space, somewhere unknown, there was one station, it looked enormous and so intimidating. It looked like one of those ancient weapons I've heard about, the ancients...

"Mom"

"Yes honey?"

"Where... Do we come from?"

She explained to me that such trivial thoughts were beyond our knowledge, inaccessible by our minds, ears and eyes. She said that although she was told by her grandmother, who had been told by her great, great, great grandmother, she couldn't imagine it. Our home, a world, where we had once existed and thrived, bright and green, filled with restless life that never slept and an easy and lazy life. She had said, that us humans were once like apes and yet some of us acted like sloths.

Yet, I couldn't imagine it. I knew what those words meant. Green and bright, plants that let us live; we have those in our home even now.

A bright and yellow light that kept us warm or made us cold, a sun that was outside the thick, dense window to my left. It looked so beautiful even now l, when we were so far away from it, it looked so small that I could even pinch it with my fingers at any time. The old world was a place that welcomed such things, big and tall rocks blocked the sun at times, flat and gold-like plains so hot that they showed the ocean at times, yet when touched was not wet and clear but rough and hot.

I couldn't imagine such things, I tried. I really tried. I tried so much to see that world in my mind, however every time I almost saw those green, big rocks blocking the sun... Darkness overpowered everything, whether it'd be the sun standing alone in that dark, vast space. Or whether it'd be that blue and shining plain called an 'ocean' filled with all but life. Devoid. The same as a poppy, useless; only there to remind us of those who were once there.