Chapter 1: The Letters

The sun shone upon the clearing before the large cottage, laughter, barking and chirping birds filled the warm summer air. Smoke billowed from the brick chimney, the mouth-watering smell of waffles and honey carried through the woods on a gentle breeze. The glistening green grass twinned together with various plants and tickled the trunks of the tall, elegant trees that stood watch over the small family in their midst. A large, shaggy black dog pranced around as he chased a tiny grey wolf pup and a small boy with shaggy black hair, his glasses tangled in the unruly locks as they continuously slid down his nose.

As they continued to play, they all failed to notice the two large brown owls gliding into the cottage through the open window. Yet again, they failed to notice the same brown owls flying right back out of the window and into the open sky. Suddenly, the door to the cottage burst open, revealing a tall, lanky man wearing a pink apron with a love heart pattern all over it, grinning from ear to ear despite the massive scars across his face, holding up two letters in his hand, startling the trio. The grinning man called gleefully, "You might want to come see this, My loves." With that he turned around and walked back into the welcoming cottage.

The large dog and wolf pup both began to change, turning into a young brown-haired girl and a tall, black haired man, who quickly picked up the girl and threw her over his shoulder while making his way towards the cottage, the young boy following along behind, an enormous grin on his face.

As they entered the small cottage, they were hit with the comfortable warmth of the fire crackling in a large hearth to their left, a thick brown rug spread out before it, a few couches and armchairs sitting around it. To their right was a small but cosy dining area, a dark oak table with plush oak chairs sat neatly next to a large, open window that allowed a view of the clearing out the front where the three had been playing only moments before. Ahead of them, a breakfast bar cut them off from the welcoming kitchen, various food supplies and cooking supplies littered throughout, another large window open to show a pond behind the cottage. Next to the kitchen, behind the living area, four doors blocked any view of what was behind them, however, each of them had a name on them. The one closest to the kitchen said Wolfstar, while the one next to it said Bathroom. On the other side, closest to the living area, the door had Harry, and the final door read Morrigan.

As the trio ventured further into the cottage, the lanky man walked out from the door that read Wolfstar and motioned for them all to sit around the fire, an enormous grin gracing his handsome face. When they had all settled, the girl burst with excitement, the young boy nodding in agreement, "Dada, tell us what it is already!"

The man chuckled and held up two letters with scrawling cursive on them. The other man gasped, tears filling his eyes as he looked fondly at the letters.

"Dada, what are those?" the girl questioned.

"Well, my sweet Morrigan, and my lovely Harry, it seems that you have both been accepted into Hogwarts school for Witchcraft and Wizardry." The man holding the letters explained.

"Oh, Remus." The black-haired man sobbed, leaping forward and wrapping his arms around the other man. "It's amazing news! But, what if something happens to them?"

Remus hugged him back with a small smile, whispering in his ear, "Don't worry Sirius, I'll be the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, so we can watch over them."

While the two were hugging, the two children had jumped up and were screaming excitedly while running around the cottage, flying over objects and furniture as the adrenaline took over.