Chapter Twenty-Nine

As we reached the building were Nuclea lay dormant, we encountered children of the Swords of Justice, who held out their swords to block our way. "Halt!" Isolde Hertz, a daughter of Cobalion, said. "Where do you think you're going?" 

"We're here to check up on Nuclea." I said. "We just defeated Zeke, and now we want to see if Nuclea is okay." 

"Alright." Isolde said. "You may pass."

We entered the place where Nuclea was, which was a rather small rectangular room. There were no windows, and the only light came from candles attached to sconces on the walls. In the center of the room was a glass box, about the size of a coffin. The upper part of the box had been shattered by Zeke, and there were bits of broken glass scattered around that area. The inside of the box was cushioned like a bed, and laying in the box was none other than Nuclea Cida.

Up until now, I had only heard about Nuclea, and had no idea what she actually looked like. But now, I was finally able to look upon her. Like any half-Deoxys, she had teal skin, but unlike most children of Deoxys (who usually had red hair), her hair was a bright yellow, since she was Shiny. Her hair was in two long pigtails, which further split into two chunks of hair- one yellow and one teal. She was wearing a Camp Arceus T-shirt (though the design was clearly quite outdated), as well as shorts and sandals. However, her T-shirt had a hole from when she stabbed herself with a knife long ago, which Zeke had torn further in order to shatter her chest crystal. 

Once we approached her, we checked to see if she was still alive. She was breathing, but her breaths were short. Suddenly, Nuclea's eyes began to open, and she awoke. 

"Nuclea, are you alright?" I immediately asked. 

"W-who... are... you?" she managed to say. 

"My name is Diane Almaz, and this is my cousin Paul Zhemchug." I said. "A guy named Zeke Black broke your chest crystal, so we punished him for it. After that, we had to check up on you to see if you were okay."

"Diane... Paul... Thank you both so much." she said. "Has... this camp.... gotten any better... for Shinies?" 

"Yes, it has. Immensely." Paul said. "I've seen some Shinies at this camp, and they aren't treated any differently for being Shiny. In fact, they're respected and treated with the utmost care."

"That's great to hear..." Nuclea said. She brushed her hand against my cheek and looked into my eyes. "Before I... die... just... listen to me..." she said. "Never lose hope. Don't let... the light in your soul... be snuffed out. When the light... in my soul... was snuffed out... and I lost all hope... I killed myself. And though Arceus... revived me, I had... to spend... the rest of my life comatose... and when I awoke... my heart was failing... and I was dying for real. So don't... lose hope. Don't... lose..... hope....." After she said the word "hope", she stopped breathing, and she was dead. 

Then, suddenly, her chest crystal began to glow, and Paul and I ran outside in case an explosion happened. In a blast of psychic energy, the walls and ceiling of the building she was held in were blown off with such force that they disintegrated completely. A beam of light coming from her chest crystal shot upward, towards the sky, and the energy from that beam spread outward to create a bubble that enclosed our whole camp. This bubble was the new barrier. Suddenly, there was a bright flash of light, and the bubble became completely transparent as little pink sparks of psychic energy fell down from above like snowflakes. 

Paul and I rushed towards Vicky, who was standing in the place where we had fought Zeke. Terrence, Lucy, Reggie, Gigi, and Kitty were also there. She had Zeke, who was still knocked out, slung over her shoulder. 

"So, what are you going to do about Zeke?" I asked. 

"Well, to put it simply, I'm banning him from attending this camp ever again." she replied. "I'll have Marie Orca sail him back to Unova tomorrow morning."

"Alright." I replied. 

There was a moment of silence. 

"So, guys," I said, "we did it! We saved Camp Arceus!" As soon as I said that, we all erupted in cheers and began hugging each other. It felt so good to have accomplished such an amazing feat.