Chapter 1

All Taehyung had ever wanted to do in life was sing. Since he was a young boy, he knew that he was meant to use his gift of singing to help make others happy. He would sit in his room for hours listening to different songs and sing. He had a beautiful voice that many people loved and admired. Even his parents supported him as much as they could. He joined chorus in school as soon as he could and even had multiple solos when they performed. He knew his destiny and he often reminded himself everyday once he had awakened. He would walk to the mirror and look in his own eyes and tell himself, "Don't let anyone hold you back!"

This morning was no different. He had gotten ready and prepared himself to go to school. He is a senior meaning this is his last year of high school until he goes into the real world. He hoped that his singing career would take off before graduation, but that was only several days away. His parents told him that he needed to go to college if nothing progressed, but to never stop following his dreams. He respected what they told him because he knew that they only wanted the best for him. He finished getting dressed and made his way downstairs. All of his family members had already left for work and school while he was still getting ready. He grabbed his bag and walked out making his way to school.

Taehyung walked to his first block class and pulled out his phone. Since they had already taken their exams, they were just watching movies all day. Taehyung checked his social media and saw his best friend Jin pop up on his timeline. Jin had been friends with Taehyung since they were kids. They both loved to sing together, but last year Jin blew up and his career started to take off. Now a year later, Jin is one of the biggest celebrities attending red carpets, award shows, and holding his own concerts. He managed to text Taehyung whenever he could so Taehyung would never feel like he was leaving him behind, but Taehyung completely understood. Even though he understood this, he would ask Jin every once in a while to let him sing on one of his songs or repost one of his videos. Jin would reply saying that his label would not let him do it, and he would change the subject. Taehyung understood, but he still wished that Jin would just do it. Taehyung scrolled down and saw pictures of the concert. He left his social media and went into his messages app to see that Jin had left him a message while he was asleep.

"Hey, I'm off today so call me when you're out of school."

Taehyung replies with an "Okay!" and went to play a game on his phone. He talked to his friends around him while he waited for the class period to be over. This continued for the rest of the day until he finally got to go home.

As soon as he walked through the door of his house he started dialing Jin's number. The phone rang while he dropped his bag down and ran upstairs to his bed.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jin!"

"Hey Tae! What's up?"

"Nothing, I just got home from school. By the way, I like the new purple hair," Taehyung said looking out of his window.

"Thanks! Too bad you can't see it in person," Jin replied sadly. It was clear in his tone that he missed his home, friends, and family.

"Yeah. I miss you."

"I miss you too Tae." They both got quiet for a couple of seconds before Taehyung broke the silence.

"Do you have any new music you've been working on lately?" Sometimes Taehyung got a little sneak peek on what Jin was working on and it made him feel included.

"Yeah, a little bit. I've been doing more concerts lately so I haven't gotten to record a bunch of songs."

"You know I'm always open for a feature," Taehyung jokes slyly. Normally Jin would come back laughing, but this time, he got quiet. "Jin?"