Tired Eyes And A Reeling Mind

Days bleak, sunlight dimmed by ever-drawn curtains, with no solace in the silence of his flat. Phone is dead, has been for what seems like months, yet it couldn't have been more than a few days. Accustomed to the smell of drifting dust in the air, a solitary man with tired eyes and a reeling mind lay in the darkness of what he used to be proud to call home.
He hasn't always been like this, Matty. Once he was at peace with his soul and thought his way of life was one that would live on forever. Until age 30, he'd been in a band. The 1975. Together, Matty Healy, Ross MacDonald, George Daniel and Adam Hann became one of the most loved bands in the world. 17 years of it. And for what? For all that is left now is the vague memory of what the formerly known best friends had shared for their career. Then they had disappeared from the charts, from social media, from the world. Why, Matty can't quite remember, yet he knows it was something to do with himself.
It was always to do with him.

These days, memories of what had been are the only thing circling the curly-haired man's mind. What is the point in wasting your energy imagining something new and never before discovered, when you can picture what has already been and gone? To re-live the part of your life that you treasure the most. Yet the part that can never come back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY so basically this is the first chapter and tbh idk wtf I'm writing I'm just gonna go with it. Lmk if you like it (might be a bit confusing at the start but it will get easier to understand I promise) Sorry this chapter is so short the rest won't be like this. It's just to set the atmosphere of the story I guess...
- Daisy Xx