Chapter one

Fuck this shit.

My initial plan was that I could get out by using college as an excuse, I would say that the only college I got accepted to was in Michigan or something. But this shit isn't working out, I can't do this anymore. I had just received my high school diploma today.

My current pack is called Noctis, the Latin term meaning night, and damn was this place shady. All the people here only cared about themselves, even the Alpha. An Alpha is supposed to put his pack first, but Alpha Lacrus seems to be rather preoccupied with his whore of a mate. Poor guy got stuck with a saucy redhead that can't keep her legs closed. Alpha's tend to be the more possessive and jealous types, which doesn't help the situation. Everyone here seems to be too distracted to get their shit together. Which is really starting to piss me off. A group of people can't live in harmony without rules. Did these people not read Lord of The Flies in 9th grade? If the Alpha isn't leading, the rest of the pack falls into chaos.

The females in the Noctis pack are whores in general and the males aren't any better. Mates cheat on each other and then get into a fight over who cheated first, because apparently whoever cheated first is the real cheater and the other person was just getting revenge.

Do you see? Some twisted ass bullshit.

On top of that, the pack cannot seem to win a fight. Alpha's get into wars all the time. Their skyscraper-sized egos get the best of them every god damn council meeting, and at least two packs end up going to war by the end of the meeting. Luckily, the council meetings only happen once every three years – unless something is in dire need of the council's attention.

Alpha Lacrus has the BIGGEST ego and absolutely nothing to back it up with. His second in command, Beta Almorne can't fight for shit and the Alpha's mate, Amie, has convinced him that the 'burning feeling' in his chest is heartburn, when it really burns because the mate bond can tell that she is cheating on him. His pack can't fight to save their lives, literally. It's like living with horny teenagers all day, every day.

Beta Almorne sucks absolute ass – in my opinion of course. Simply because of two things: being a back-stabbing-man-whore and being awful at his job. He is one of Luna Lacrus' favorite booties to call and when it comes to fighting, the man probably can't win a fight against a human. He is only the Beta because of the blood that runs through his veins. Sometimes, that shouldn't be enough.

I, an 18-year-old female, am the best warrior this sad excuse for a pack has. I trained myself for 4 years, from the start of high school until now, and I am ready to leave. I also am the only person in high school that is still a virgin. Not from lack of options, because I was pretty and plenty of people tried to hook-up with me, but I am not going to give my virginity to these STD infested sleaze bags. No way in hell. Even though the others make fun of me for saving myself, I know it's because they all wish they had saved themselves as well. Everyone in this pack wishes to be somewhere else, living a different life. You can tell when you look in their eyes. They just want to get away. I have to get away, before I turn out just like them. Dull, lifeless, and pretending everything is fine. Using the pleasures of intimacy as a shield to hide away from the daunting truth, they didn't know how to live anymore. Everything was sex, alcohol, and seeing who could lie to their mate the longest.

That's why I'm packing all the money I saved up from working at the gas station across from my school. Throwing it into my duffle bag, I pack my favorite articles of clothing along with my toiletries and charging cable for my phone. I finish packing up and take the elevator down to the first floor. I grab my bag and walk towards the exit to my left. Just as I reach for the doorknob Luna Lacrus waltzes out of the second elevator. She gives me a once over and rolls her eyes before her text-tone alerts her of a message. She looks down and smirks at her phone. She turns her phone's screen towards me and says, "look Alice, this could be the kind of stuff you would receive too if you weren't such a bore." Turning my attention towards the screen, I could see she is having an explicit conversation with someone before she requests a dick pic. I make it obvious to her that I'm squinting my eyes at the picture of the small penis on her phone before I say, "do you really think a micro-penis is the best you can do?" The shock on her face was all the satisfaction I needed before I continued, "I really hope that isn't Alpha Lacrus, for your sake." Her shock quickly turned into rage. She then has the audacity to try and slap me. Mind you, this woman has not been properly trained all her life (I bet she has some good stamina though, if you know what I mean.) I easily block her sad attempt and roundhouse kick that bitch. My heel hit her on the right side of her jaw, and you could clearly hear a loud pop. She was wailing and thrashing on the ground like a child who was denied a cookie. After hearing the loud pop and seeing the bruise already forming on her sharp jaw, I said, "damn that shit looks like it hurts." I swiftly turned around and made my way towards the exit. I know she's my Luna and I'm supposed to respect her, but how can you respect someone that doesn't respect themselves. Also, she was a cunt and I'm leaving anyways.

Damn, I feel so badass right now.