He Is A Dream

Chapter 1: The Meeting

Waiting has never been my thing but it is the very thing I am doing right now. Sitting on a bench in this bus stop and waiting for the 10 o'clock bus to arrive since I missed the 9:30AM bus because I overslept and that explains the throbbing in my head.

Lesson of the day: It's not good to sleep late and it is also not good to wake up late.

Ugh!

9:37. Tick-tock. Only 23 more minutes.

9:40. Tick-tock. 20 more. I can do this.

This is how much I hate waiting. I keep track of the time every chance I get which is most of the time.

While waiting for the bus to arrive my eyelids felt heavy, so I can't keep myself from yawning. I guess I can't consider that oversleeping if I am still sleepy, can I?

I woke up at someone shaking me by my shoulder so I looked up to see who it was coming from and I'm met with a pair of hazel eyes staring right at me. From my viewpoint, I can tell that if I stand he will be towering my 5'5" height.

"The bus is here." He told me and I noticed how cool his voice is.

"I bet you're a great singer." I said without even thinking then I realized I was thinking out loud.

"What?"

I mentally slapped my face for that embarrassing slip of the tongue but luckily he did not hear it.

"I mean... the great bus is here. We don't wanna miss it, do we?"

I quickly stood up and almost run on the way to the bus and I thought I heard him laugh.

What a beautiful laugh. My brain thought. My brain, not me.

And due to my lack of concentration I tripped on the stairs of the bus and suddenly he is already there beside me, helping me up till I get to a vacant seat. I wish my shoulder length jet black hair is longer so I could hide my blushing face or I should have stick into wearing my hooded jacket than this black v-shirt I am wearing right now.

"Thank you for helping me but I think I can take it from here." I said with what I'm hoping as confidence.

What a grand entrance Kayla.

Mental note: No watching for one week as your punishment for being the epitome of embarrassment.

"I bet you can but I'm sitting next to you in case you think of jumping out of the window later." He said with a hint of laughter in his voice.

Oh great! He is making fun of me. I hope I don't turn into a tomato for this 15 minute ride.

"Are you in college?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Where?"

"RAU."

"RAU? Rome Atlanta University? I go there too." He said. "What's your major?"

"Math. I love numbers." I said happily. Every time I talk or even just thinking about Math lightens up my mood. "How about you? What's your major?" I totally forgot that I was about to be the first human to turn into a tomato earlier out of embarrassment.

"I'm taking up Architecture."

"Wow! You must be good at drawing."

But he only laughed at what I said so I slightly faced him to see him laugh, I mean to see what he is laughing about.

"What? What's so funny?" I asked him with my I-don't-get-it-look.

"It's just that one of the requirements of being an architect is being good at drawing. If you ask me, I'm actually great at it." he said proudly.

"Ha! Someone's being a high-and-mighty. I see." I said jokingly.

"Everyone in my department say so."

"So your major is not only at being arrogant but also at being an airhead." I teased him and I can't help but laugh at his dumbfounded face. "Oh my god! Your face is priceless." I added.

"I didn't know that after waking up a girl so she wouldn't miss the bus and after helping her get up after she tripped herself on her way inside the bus, this is..."

I covered his mouth with my right hand.

"I get it, okay? You're saying that I'm ungrateful but I'm not. I was only teasing you."

And I took my hand off his mouth.

"But you..." Before he even get the chance to say something, I covered his mouth again and when I sense that his not going to say anything I took my hand off his mouth.

"Let me see your phone." He said afterwards.

"Why?" but I handed him my phone anyway.

He was typing something on my phone and he returned it just before the bus stopped and he immediately gets off the bus.

I looked at my phone and saw that he saved his number in it.

Tyler (423)-364-4900

Tyler then. I thought.

I heard the door of the bus opening and that woke me up. I realized that I am still sitting on the bench.

"Ma'am, aren't you getting on the bus?" Said the driver.

I half-smiled at the man and said that I will.

Before getting on the bus I looked around the bus stop hoping to see Tyler but I saw nothing.

"So it was a dream all this time." I said to myself.

The seats are nearly occupied so I sat on the first vacant seat I saw. I stared outside the window where the bench is and I felt an unexpected loneliness knowing it was all just a dream.

Some other people are also getting on the bus and shortly the seats beside me were also filled and soon the bus took off.

"Can you open the window?" Said the passenger beside me.

"Sure." I said and I did what the man asked.

"I asked if you can, not will you." Said the man with a laugh.

I was stunned by the what the man said and I looked at him but I was more stunned to see his face. He looks like the guy that's been running in my brain the moment I woke up on the bench.

"Are you in college?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Where?"

"RAU." I answered him automatically since those are the same question he asked in my dream.

"RAU? Rome Atlanta University? I go there too." He said. "What's your major?"

"Math." I was bluntly staring at him.

"I'm taking up Architecture." He said. "Aren't you going to ask if I'm good at drawing?"

When he noticed that I was openly staring at him, he smiled and said.

"Hi, I'm Tyler."