Chapter 1: The Continuation of an End

Being First Officer was so much better than being stationed on a star base on Betazed. Betazed. It made him think of Deanna, waiting on Risa, him sending her a subspace message saying he couldn't attend their wedding because of a promotion. Oh how he regretted it. He loves her and she loved him back, they had a bond that she called "Imzadi". Will presumed that because he had left the bond was broken, he hoped it hadn't, but that was highly unlikely. She was probably already married living on Betazed with a few children, their father probably being some sort of royalty. Oh how he wished it were him there and not some other man Deanna's mother probably picked out for her. And with that he remembered that a newly appointed counsellor was beaming aboard tomorrow, "That's it!", he thought, "I could speak to her about it tomorrow!". He pondered on it for a minute. "Lights out", he called to the computer as it complied. He got to bed and dreamt dreams about his last days with Deanna.

She was exhausted, putting her little boy to sleep was always so hard. She reminisced on the day she found out she was carrying him. No matter who the father was, even though she knew exactly who it was, she would still love this tiny being with every fibre of her body. She had only ever been intimate with one man, and he left her a few days before she found out these she was expecting. Never mind, it's a thing of the past, she had everything she has ever needed right in front of her; her baby. Knowing she had to get up early the following morning, she had made sure that her son was in bed and asleep by 0700 hours and that she was in bed ATLEAST by 0900 hours.

Artificial sunlight shone throughout the ship, signalling a new day. "Picard to Riker" the Captains voice called over the comm. "Riker here" "Ahh, did I rouse you from your slumber?", A pause, "Anyway meet me down at the transportation room at 0930 hours to greet our new counsellor and assign her to her new quarters and office, followed by a tour of the ship." "Aye Sir, Riker out". Scrambling out of bed in a drowsy state, Will grabbed his uniform and tugged it on. "Eggs, scrambled. Bacon, grilled, and a small glass of water." He told the replicator. He grabbed the food and water, munched it down, then gulped down the water before reaching across the table to grab a comb, to tidy up his hair and beard. He pulled his boots on, attached his comm to his uniform and headed out the door. He got into the turbo lift and said, " Transportation Room". Again heading down yet another corridoor, he finally reached his destination with a few minutes to spare. "Number One, glad to see you actually bothered to arrive ON TIME." Picard jokes to Riker. "Well, it's definitely not going to be something you'll be seeing me do every day, that's for sure." Will joked back, and the Captain just smiled. "Sir, our counsellor is ready to beam aboard." Chief O'Brian stated. "Energise", Riker said.

Rushing around like crazy, after being kept up all night long by her son after he was vomiting and feeling ill, she knew she would end up late. She knew it wasn't his fault, but sometimes she just wished there was an extra pair of hands to help her in everyday jobs, it would make her life so much easier. She had eventually packed everything up and was ready to Energise on to the Enterprise-D along with her son. Within a few minutes of contacting the Enterprise to let them know she was ready, she had been beamed aboard.