Chapter 1

Author's note: ⚠️ WARNING⚠️ This is my first story ever writing so I'm sorry in advance for any grammatical errors and mistakes. Please feel free to let me know about any and I'll make sure to fix them ASAP

Kehlani's PoV:

     "Kehlani!? Kehlani wake up! You're gonna be late for your first day of school!," I heard my mom shout.

"Ughhh I'm up!," I shouted back as I sat up from my bed. I immediately checked my phone for any messages and sure enough, I had multiple texts messages from my best friend Kiara

6:30 a.m. 'Good morning! ☀️'
6:33 a.m. 'Am I picking u up today or the other way around?'
6:45 a.m. 'Helloooo are u even up?'
7:50 a.m. ' Ig I'm picking u up since u don't wanna respond b there In 20'

That last text really caught my eye. 20 MINUTES?!? I quickly shot her a good morning text as well as an apology and ran to my bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. Once I was out of the shower I rushed to my closet and took out a black tank top and a pair of sky blue skinny jeans.

Once I was fully dressed, I slipped on a pair of low-top black and white vans, put a little makeup on, grabbed my backpack, and headed out the door. Outside, I was met with a beautiful girl leaning on a charcoal grey Jeep Rubicon in my driveway doing something on her phone. When she looked up and saw me, she put her phone in her pocket and grinned.

" Well It's about time," Kiara said as I was walking up to give her a hug. For some reason, I've always loved hugging Kiara and would always try to find a reason to. I don't know why I would, I guess I just like the way our bodies fit perfectly together.

"Hey, I'm sorry you decided to come super early in the morning," I chuckle as we break off our hug and get into her car. I immediately plug my phone in the aux and start playing one of my playlists on shuffle.

" Whatev. Just remember you have to wait on me tomorrow so you better hope I'm in a good mood," She replied back as I just shrugged at her. We then rode to school in a comfortable silence.

When Kiara drove into the school parking lot and I saw the school buses filled with students lined up next to the building doors it hit me; Summer is officially over and I'm back in this hellhole for another 9 months. I mentally sighed and prepared myself for the long day ahead of me.

Kiara parked in the closest spot possible to the school because she hates getting trapped in the after school traffic. It was the best spot in the parking lot and she knew it. The only thing wrong with it was that her boyfriend would always have his car parked right beside her spot and wait for her to show up so they could walk in together.

She doesn't know this but I hate her boyfriend, Nick. He's the captain of the football and basketball team and a total dousche. He thinks he's untouchable because his dad is the principle of the school and he gets away with practically everything. And since he led our school to a state championship last year he's gotten even worse.

When we got out of her car and I turned to get my backpack and close the door I saw Nick wrap his big arms around Kiara's shoulder and begin kissing her neck and cheek. I felt a lump in my chest for some reason, but I pushed it away and began walking towards the school.

" Hey! Wait up!," I heard Kiara quickly say as she trailed behind me with her hand in Nick's.

" Well I don't have time to be sitting in the parking lot watching you and Nick make out," I called back slightly irritated but I slowed down anyways.

"You could've joined in," I heard Nick say laughing when they finally caught up with me. Kiara scoffed and slapped him in the arm.

I just rolled my eyes feeling more irritated by the second

    "Shut up! she's my best friend, that would be too weird," Kiara said, " Besides, I want you all to myself."

     I couldn't help but grimace when Kiara said that. I don't why it but hurt and I was coming closer and closer to crying and I did not want her or Nick to see that. So I told them I forgot I had to do something and rushed inside the school, leaving them both behind looking confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note: sorry this chapter is so short. This is just a  trial run. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND IF I SHOULD CONTINUE WRITING THIS STORY