Kim Twins

It was just the two of them in the beginning. Them against the world. Being abandoned at the tender age of five, they've learned about how cruel the world is. They've survived on the streets for so long, they've called the filthy back alleys of a populated area of Daegu their real home for the past eleven years. They learned not to stay in the same place for too long after they steal something, learned how to defend themselves from the adults that tried to bring them down, how to talk their way out of trouble, how to use their distinctive qualities to confuse and manipulate their chosen targets.

They're pretty fucked up, if you think about it.

The people treated them as equals instead of pests. They've been like they are for as long as they could remember, so, being enrolled into a real high school was a surprise for them.

"It's time they actually lived a life of the streets," their mentor and friend, Crazy Uncle Yang, as everyone called him, told them the week before they left for Seoul, "they already know so much, so why not get them somewhere they could thrive? Somewhere that's not in these filthy streets? They have so much potential, so why make them waste it here?'

That was the last thing they heard him say before they were on a train to Seoul.

The people in the alleys were nice to them, especially Crazy Uncle Yang, a thirty-year old drug addict and supposed-to-be a Biology major and Literature minor. He was the one who took them in when they were first out on the streets, who taught them everything they needed to know. Yang might've been crazy, but he was one smart bastard. Says he dropped out of high school because he was "too smart for that shit."

They weren't used to being in such a big place, with new clothes that Yang promised he didn't steal, with an apartment they could call their new home, with school supplies Yang promised he stole. Even though they did move, the streets were going to continue to be their home.

Things were going to be a hell of a lot different for the Kim twins.

Kim Vantae, aka V, the older, by two minutes, more mature twin. He was taller, more muscular than his younger twin, a nice set of abs to add to his pale complexion in comparison to his brother. He wasn't too buff, but he wasn't lanky either. He could hold his own in a fight with Yang, who was the one who taught him and his twin how to fight when they turned eight. He was first able to pin Yang down when he was thirteen, an accomplishment he will forever remember for as long as he can. V was good at fighting, violence usually being the first thing he turns to in a dispute with anyone except his twin.

Kim Taehyung, aka TaeTae, was the younger, more playful twin. Innocent is not a word to describe him, please, he's far from it. He's sneaky, cheeky, and sexy. He uses his silly and teasing energy to rile is threats up and uses their confused feelings against them. He can fight, but it took him until he was fifteen to pin Yang down. He's not weak, but he isn't stronger than his twin. He wasn't muscular by any means; he was soft, tan, and squishy with a cute tummy.

Both had moles littering over their bodies, V with one on his nose and above his eyes, and TaeTae with one on his cheek and under his bottom lip. Two moles on their arms, opposite to each other, that the younger likes to call elephants. V's was on his left arm while TaeTae's was on his right arm. There were more to list, but listing all of them now wouldn't be any fun.

They loved each other, being brothers until the end of their days. They never left each other alone and found solace and peace in each other. They've rarely been around other kids or teenagers, mainly growing up around those who could classify as their parents, uncles, and aunts. Yang was the youngest in those alleys before the twins came along. Although they were the youngest, they never were treated that way.