CHAPTER 54: Rise of a Queen

When you build in silence, people don't know what to attack

people don't know what to attack.
~ unknown

The stage was set.

Four sharpshooters in the trees around the mansion. One on each corner. Five ground covers and two attack teams on each side of them, all ready to attack on Bangtan's mansion.

There were rumors about its existence, somewhere in the woods. Yet there was no one who knew its location. Until now.

Serpent attacks teams were split in two.

One team lead by Park Daeshim, the ghost. He had Soonbin and two trusted men with him. They were to enter from the back rooms of the mansion, release prisoners from the dungeons underneath and lead them in the main hall while the other team would invade the front of the mansion cautiously eliminating any obstacle.

KD was leading the other team. He had Beanie, Luka and Tae with him he would prefer having Jackson on his side, he didn't know how this Luca guy operated while he had many joint Serpent-Bangtan missions in the past with only Taehyung and Jackson as partners. It was strange that he had to trust this newbie Bangtan follower.

KD found it suspicious that Jackson was on their team. He was Bangtan's only prospect at the time. All his hard work and loyalty shifting towards Dragons made no sense whatsoever to him. It was extremely suspicious and he didn't trust that Jackson's ambitions would lead him down this path. Then again he had no problem if he did. He didn't much agreed with Soobin and Phantom's handling of Serpents. He knew Serpents wouldn't support shifting to Dragons side even if all evidence pointed that they would lose the battle against them.

Although KD had hard time believing this particular operation was for the well being of Serpents, he was still no more than a soldier. If he couldn't stop Armageddon, he would still make sure he'd fight it till his last drop of blood.

This was him protecting his own; even if it meant letting his useless boss win.

They neared the front gate without any provocation or obstacles. It was strange that Bangtan's mansion was in the middle of the forest surrounded by trees. Trees had
the advantage of coverage to the enemies. He would imagine elaborate maze like gardens would suit them better than this easily approachable place.

"Something's off," KD mumbled. "This doesn't look like the right place."

He received the order to move forward by Soobin and did as told but he wasn't pleased.

"Soobin, this looks like a trap," he tried again.  "It's too easy."

"I said fucking proceed KD!"

And he did.

He hated having a pussy like him as a leader but he had to listen to his orders. There would be plenty of opportunities to undermine him when Ashley stared having more prominent role in leadership.