Our lord and savior (Liu) x reader

playing off of the barista AU thingy

I hesitantly opened my eyes and rolled over onto my side, glacing at my clock that read 10:32am. I sat up and yawned while stretching, sunlight waking me up.

I didn't have anything to do today, so I considered going back to sleep. However, I decided to be a productive person. I felt like something good would happen if I went out.

I crawled out of bed slowly, somewhat rethinking getting up, but in the end, I was out of bed.

I was able to drag myself out to my kitchen, but before I made anything, I remembered that I was a trash human being and sucked at making anything without almost burning down the house or spilling something anywhere, so I figured I'd stop at M̶c̶C̶a̶f̶e̶ Starbucks and pick up breakfast and coffee there.

I put on converse, black jeans and a (f/c) sweater before heading to the bathroom to brush my (h/c) hair so that it looks a little less like a rat's nest. I take one last glance at myself in the mirror before heading out.

On my walk to the coffee shop, I couldn't get a good feeling out of my mind.

I stepped in and there were only a few customers inside, despite it being a morning. I walked over and stood in front of the register and waited for a cashier.

Not thirty seconds later, a barista walked up in front of the register. He stood at about 6 feet tall (183 cm), he had brown short hair, and he wore glasses. He was wearing a gray sweater under his starbucks apron that he had to wear for his job. The way he smiled was precious and seemed to light up the whole room.

"What can I get for you?" He asked, his voice smooth and silky, I could feel any tense muscles in my body relax as he spoke. I wanted to listen to his voice more. I ordered a (favorite drink) and a sandwich. "That's $4.34"

We made eye contact as he spoke with me, his chocolatey brown eyes sparkled as he smiled genuinely at me. I handed him a $5 bill and as he gave me the change, his soft hand made contact with mine. I wish I could have touched his hands longer.

My face must have been completely red by now.

"Can I have a name for the order?"

"(Y/n)"

"We'll have that right out for you."

I went and sat down, but before I left, I made sure to glance at his nametag.

Liu.

I sat down and stared as he prepared my coffee and sandwich. The way he made long strides as he walked, his facial expressions, I'd fallen in love. I spaced out, focusing on the cute guy I'd fallen in love with. He caught me staring and giggled, which made my heart melt. I saw him write something on my cup in sharpie

After staring at him for a long while, I heard a sweet voice call out my name while placing my coffee and sandwich on the counter. It was Liu. I blushed and grabbed my things. I looked at my cup as I walked out.

"Text me, cutie ♡" and a phone number.

I turned back with a completely red face to see Liu smiling at me, and he waved.

~Later~

I was sat on my couch, looking at the cup that I have yet to throw away, Liu's phone number typed into my phone.

I kept typing messages and then proceeding to delete them and typing something else.

"C'mon, just send something. Anything," I said to myself.

Eventually, I typed in "Hey there handsome, it's (y/n)" and sent it.

I began to panic. "Oh god.. was that good enough?"

However, my nerves were calmed when I got a "oh, hey cutie" back.

My heart went crazy and my face went red. His smile hadn't left my mind since I'd seen it earlier that day. I could imagine him smiling sweetly as he sent that.

"You're the cutie. You ever seen yourself? :P" I sent, waiting about 45 seconds so I didn't seem clingy.

We chatted for hours, although it only seemed like 30 minutes. I got to know just about everything about him. His favorite color, his favorite animal, anime, actor, what his hobbies were. Everything he does is so interesting. He plays multiple instruments, knows a lot of languages, he's just super cool and talented.

Eventually, we started getting tired and saw that it was getting late.

"Come by tomorrow?" He asked.

"Okay cutie~ goodnight" I said and went to bed.

~Next day~

I opened my eyes, the memories of talking to Liu last night rushing through my mind. I checked my phone.

"Good morning, (y/n), I hope you slept well!"

I smiled dorkily. I couldn't wait to get to the coffee shop again to see Liu. I blushed at the thought of his name and his cute little face.

I put on earbuds and listened to (favorite song) on loop until I got there. My eyes went straight to Liu, the cute twink behind the counter who smiled at me and blushed a light pink that I'd like to see closer.

I walked straight up, and Liu greeted me. "Heya, (y/n)."

"Hey there, cutie" I replied. He blushed deeper and giggled.

We began to talk, forgetting that we were in public and only realizing when a new customer walked in. I ordered my drink and handed him some money, but he said "it's on me." I smiled at him and went and waited for my coffee, we chatted on and off as he made my coffee. I went up to grab it and he caressed my hand.

"Let's go on a date sometime?" He asked, blushing and looking away. My face turned red.

"Sure.. we can arrange it later," I blurted out.

"Talk to you later, cutie," said Liu as I walked out the door, blushing.