Flanny

"... and the one thing I remember most about this small town Banning was this very... different kid. His name was David, but everyone knew him as 'Flanny'. I'd often see him walking around town maybe 6, 7 times a week. I wasn't sure what he did or where he was going, or if he just really liked to walk. He was kinda short, chubby, had a genuine smile, blunt nose, steady eyes, brown-- dark brown cur

ly hair, which he protected with a beanie. he always wore a different beanie every time I DID see him. and a colorful shirt, maybe a design on it, and black pants. He also wore some brand of worn out shoes whenever I ran into him. I assumed it was from walking. I tried not to be rude and look down-- his shoes were a step away from falling apart. He had that red backpack that made a clink or rustling noise whenever he walked. I thought it was funny, to be honest... The best thing about this kid is that he was a very talented musician, a very direct and class romantic, an amazing friend and most importantly... a person who never gave up on his dreams. I was only 15 when I met Flanny, but it only took a week or so, and it felt like we'd been friends since 2nd grade. He moved away about a year ago. He lives in Redlands now... I hadn't heard from him much after he moved, and then-- He messaged me saying he, along with Skaboy Bebop (the band he played in) we're to record a full length self-titled album and tour by July. I truly do miss Flanny alot. He got me drunk at a party and took me home carrying me on his back (I was too tired and my feet felt like jelly) we fell a couple times, but laughed about it. we shared many good times together-- a colossal amount. since then, life's been... kinda duller. I'm 17 now and moving to Redlands as well, which completely excited me. I'm very anxious to see my best friend again... I guess it's safe to say Flanny was... well... someone I always hoped to meet and become friends with. Yeah. Just that..."