seven. happy birthday, blair

GRAFFITI
part seven  ꙳

— GRAFFITI part seven  ꙳

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

HER BIRTHDAY WAS A DAY BLAIR despised, she could already hear her parents in the kitchen fighting. Blair Grayson was sixteen, she was legal to work, to get her license, and one of her best friends was a lying little shit, what a great way to the start the day. In her depressed state across the pillow, her blonde hair spewed out in several directions, but her eyes stayed glued to the ceiling.

Sixteen.

Under her head, Blair's phone buzzed; texts from her friends, from him, her brother, all either begging for forgiveness or saying happy birthday, because that's right, she's supposed to be happy.

The deal with her parents was she would be able to spend the day at home, curled up in her bed with cake and her favorite movies playing, no school, but all she wanted to do was be anywhere else, wanted the distraction. She could hear his voice, could hear the pleading, the throws of promises and i'm sorry's she wasn't sure she could believe.

Blair rolled over and curled up again, this time phone in hand. She scrolled through the spam of messages, choosing to respond to some and ignoring others.

TEXT

    from rissa
  happy birthday boo <3

to rissa
thanks
love you

    from rissa
  you still staying home?

to rissa
no, i don't feel like being here

    from rissa
  kk see you later

TEXT

    from d-dog
  hbd bbg

to d-dog
:)

TEXT

    from nedster
  Happy Birthday, Blair

to nedster
thanks

TEXT

    from michelle
  you're sixteen, now you can enjoy manually labor and get paid for it

to michelle
thanks?