eight. the truth is always a bit bloody

GRAFFITI
part eight ꙳

— GRAFFITI part eight  ꙳

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

THE APARTMENT WAS EMPTY, VOID of sound beside the creak of her own footsteps across the wooden floors. It felt almost sinister, a feeling she had grown used to after continuous weekends of being left alone. Blair trailed into her bedroom, dropping her bag onto the made up bed, taking the time to pull off her sweater, discarding it in the white hamper that was in the corner of her room.

She sat down, glancing over to the small bedside clock, the time read five forty. Blair could feel her nerves growing worse as the hand inched forward, it churned in her gut.

Her father had texted her saying they would be back on Friday which left her alone for a few days, great. That's exactly what she didn't want, or she did, Blair wasn't really sure what to feel anymore.

Not that she wasn't used to being alone, it was just lie after lie with them, dumb excuses, mysterious trips out of town that were so last minute sometimes they would leave while Blair was still sleeping, leaving a simple i'm sorry note on the table that meant nothing to her.

Their relationship hadn't always been so strained, she briefly remembered a time when she was younger, before her brother disappeared, before the secrets started, before the accident, when they were actual parents, good ones.

Her mother would make pancakes every Monday, would bake cookies for her when she returned from school, helped Blair with her homework and listened to her whine about what every guy she liked, which then turned into whining about Peter.

Her dad, well he would take Saturday's off, would sit and binge watch Star Wars and whatever 80's movie was forgotten by Clarissa after a ransom sleepover. Blair once had parents who didn't get quiet when she walked into a room, or flinch every time she demanded to know why Axel was on the run from them.

She had parents who acted as if they were actual parents, not trying to ship her off to a school in the middle of nowhere so they could get away from their duties or whatever.

Blair suddenly looked up, turning her head to the sound of a light tapping on the window panes that were on her patio door. She scurried out of the now crumbled bed and opened the door to face Peter who was clad in his Spider-Man suit, waving slightly with a wrapped up present in his hands.

"You know you didn't have to get me anything." Blair huffed, moving to the side so he could step in.

"No," he nodded. "but I wanted to."

She didn't know what to say.

A slight blush tinted her cheeks as she took the present and turned around, clambering back onto her bedsheets, flopping onto her back. Blair pointed her hand in the direction of her desk, waiting for Peter to take a seat.