twelve. things were going too well

GRAFFITI
part twelve ꙳

— GRAFFITI part twelve ꙳

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

        THE POOL WATER LAPPED AGAINST Blair's shins, over and over again as she sat on the edge of the pool trying to get herself to have a little fun, to allow herself to be a regular teenager for once.

No lying parents, no lying brother, no radioactive crushes, just herself, her normal teammates and best friends.

Despite all of that, Peter was still the main subject on her mind, worry surged in her chest. It had only been an hour since she walked away from him, but there hadn't been any more communication and despite Ned telling her repeatedly that he was fine, Blair couldn't get herself to believe that.

On the other side of the pool, Cindy was propped on top of Abe's shoulders, Clarissa on Dylan's and with Flash as the coach, they battled it out with pool noodles Blair had no idea how they got.

It was interesting to watch.

Clarissa used enough force to whack Cindy on the shoulders, causing her to fall off Abe's shoulders a few minutes later, submerging with a loud splash, spraying Liz, Blair, and Michelle who shielded her book with a shriek.

Dylan whistled and high-fived Clarissa happily, cheering the win for their team.

"Come on, Blair!" Clarissa squealed, crawling off Dylan who dunked himself under the water.

It was hard for her to say no when Flash and Dylan swam over to where she was sitting and grabbed onto an arm each, smirking evilly.

"Don't you dare." Blair glared, kicking her leg out to hit Flash in the chest.

With a loud yelp, she nailed one more kick to his shoulder but failed to get another in when Dylan grabbed her legs and held them in a tight grip. She wiggled around but that didn't seem to help because they looked at each other once more before dragging her in.

Blair held her breath and sunk graciously to the bottom, using her arms to keep her down. She hadn't been in a pool since before the accident, quitting the swim team was something that had just made sense at the time, but being five feet under with her friends above, this was the most at peace she had felt in months.

Her eyes opened and despite the burning from the chlorine and the blurriness, Blair swam under until she found what looked like Dylan's trunks and grabbed his leg roughly.

His scream echoed out as she popped back up, wiping her mop of wet hair away from her face and grinned widely, sticking her tongue out at him. "That's what you get, dick."

The girls giggled.

"I hate you." He grumbled, crossing his arms and settling into a searing position on the stairs.