thirteen. is this what death feels like?

GRAFFITI
part thirteen ꙳

— GRAFFITI part thirteen ꙳

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

   BEFORE TODAY, NO, BEFORE LIKE seven months ago, Blair Grayson had never wondered what it would be like to die. It struck her as something that should be scary, a terrifying feeling that she would be able to feel in her bones, something that would have her entire body freeze up.

And maybe that's what she felt, maybe the feeling of gravity yanking her down and pure terror in her voice as she grasped onto Liz of all people, was what she assumed the early stages of death.

The ones where you're not dead but you know it's coming.

Her throat felt raw as she screamed, everything was so clear, she was going to die. Peter would never know how she felt about him, her parents wouldn't understand the agony they'd put her through, she would die as just a poor student from Midtown Tech.

And then it stopped.

She stumbled, grabbing onto the railing. Her breathing was ragged and a huge pressure had set itself on her chest.

Blair looked up, pushing her hair out of her face when she noticed the web holding on to the top of elevator shaft, keeping them from falling to their deaths. It was straining, but it was there.

"Holy fuck." She gasped.

"Watch your lang-" Mr.Harrington's words were cut off when again the elevator dropped, the web somehow going loose, and then once more, they were falling.

She screamed, trying to get ahold of something, anything to stop her from falling. The car stopped again, another jerk to the floor and right in the middle of the cart, Peter in all his masked hero glory, fell flat on his back, startling all of them.

Under the new weight the shaft dropped again. Blair was knocked backwards, and Peter shot his webs up, latching onto whatever he could reach until they did and he was being yanked upwards into the corner where the roof hadn't peeled off.

"Ahem." Peter cleared his throat, using the fake accent he'd used on her a couple of times. "Hey, how you doing? Don't worry about it. I got you."

Liz grabbed Blair's arm and slowly helped her back up as Ned cheered. "Yes! Yes!"

Apparently the elevator nor Peter, who was holding it up, appreciated it that much. "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, big guy, quit moving around."

Ned stopped what he was doing holding his hands out in apology. "Sorry, sir. So sorry."

As carefully as he could, Peter started started to slowly pull the elevator back up the shaft.