the first insight

Anaaya Seth POV
I pop my earplug back into place and the music immediately takes me back to...well,away from here. Which in nice, because real world is just a really shitty place sometimes,and the only escape that really helps is music. It's almost as if I'm not lost in the past anymore... I'm not the same pretty girl who fell for Aarsh...

OKAY,STOP!

My eyes feel wet again as the memories start to spiral me down to a never ending dark well and not even the music is calming me down anymore.
I take my earphone out and decide to read a book instead.

"Anaaya, start studying. I want to see a course book in your hands and not this time wasting stuff you borrow from Srishti."mom says, as she enters my room and rummages her almirah for a dupatta.

Srishti,my bestest friend. Actually more than that. I don't know how I would've coped all of that.. well, I do know how I was before she came for a year and a half in this hellhole. The only one who never judged me for my past..

I think mum will never ever forgive me for what happened. I still see it in her eyes whenever I disappoint her,even mildly. It's almost as if they're asking "again?"
It's a suffocating feeling. Maybe it's all my imagination.

And so I nod my head at mum,shut the book and my mind,fetch my coursebooks and start cramming for the monthly test due 3 days from now.