Chapter 1 - trip to the lodge

Author: crystal jay
Words: 947

Emily davis was packing her stuff while texting her best friend. She was looking stuff online and found an article about one of the missing country artists named kate denson. Emily didn't think much of it since she didn't knew her but one of her friends did. Emily's car stays in her driveway. She took a huge inhale and exhaled it while turning off the light in her bedroom. She made sure everything was locked in her house. She turns off the tv and closes her computer that was on her desk. She motions down the stairs and exit her very own home. She then locks the door with her keys and walks herself to her car. She clicks the unlock on her key and the car lights went up. She puts her stuff in the truck and flops in the car. She shuts the door and takes one attempt to turn the key with a single twist. The car starts up and she starts driving to the destination that she wouldn't know would be her fate of doom.

Michael Munroe was putting his stuff in his car while trying reach out to his ex girlfriend, Emily Davis. He said "babe, can we make things right again?" He never got an answer back but instead a message saying "this has either blocked you or mute you. Please try again later." Michael sighed and let out a light little, "fuck." He locks his front door to his house and he throws himself in the car and starts driving away from the place.

The lodge

The others have made it before the two. Emily made it a couple minutes before michael. She puts her suitcase on the mat of the lodge and she knocks on the door gently. Sam opens the door with Emily's arms wide open for a hug. Sam throws her arms onto emily and lays her head on her shoulder. Emily smiles and lets go. "Come on in." Sam said with a bright smile. Emily walks in and greets the other friends while pushing her suitcase aside. She greets them in a order of in front and back. She walks over to jess and gives her the biggest hug. Jess smiles and hugs back. Jess hands emily and vodka shot and says "knock yourself out, skinny." They use terms of the generation they were in. Emily thanks her and she drinks it down in a second.

They hear another knock. "That must be mike." Matt said. Josh opens the door and mike greets him. Josh does their handshake and they chuckled. Mike greets everyone else. However, he only gives Emily a light smile. Emily rolls her eyes and looks at jessica. "Did he had to come." She said while still looking at him. Jessica shrugs. Emily walking into the living room of the lodge with Sam and Ashley. She looks through her phone and she see's a message from Michael. Emily reads the message quietly. "Babe, can we make things right again?" She gets up and walks to the kitchen to see michael talking to josh. When josh see's Emily's face. He turns around and alerts Mike. Mike turns to emily and she shows michael his own message. Michael smirks. "That's low, even for you mike." Emily says while drop her phone to her side. Mike still keeps his smirk and says "you use to like it when i went low." Emily has a disgusted face and walks away from mike. Mike talk to josh again. "I just fucked up so badly when me and her were to together." Mike said while looking down. Josh sighs. "It's not your fault. But nor is it hers. It just happened." Josh said while looking at him. "I should go unpack." Mike said while heading upstairs.

Unpacking

Emily puts her suitcase onto the bed and lays out all of her stuff in a neat order from clothes, electronics, makeup, and her jewelry. Emily throws the clothes into the drawers and her jewelry in her box that she brung. She puts her makeup in the bathroom of the bedroom. Emily looks over a picture of her and mike on her phone. She sighs and deletes. "Cheating asshole." She said to herself. She smirks to herself. "Cute asshole." She said and closes her eyes whilst laying on the bed. She see's a light in her room. She walks in it until the lights closed her in. She wasn't seem after that.

Michael was put his stuff all over the place. He placed his clothes underneath the bed of the room and he puts a picture of him and em on a desk stand. He smiles. He really did like Emily but he knew that his chances with her are numbered to zero because she of how she acted when she was in the kitchen and not replying to the text message. He didn't want to be single without her. He puts his other stuff in a drawer and puts his charger in a outlet and chargers his phone. He see's a dark light in his bathroom. He was curious and driven by it. The light was persuasive with it multicolors. Mike thought it was from outside but it was coming from the tub. He likes into the tub and he see's the water refracting his reflection. He decided to jump in and he wasn't seen after that. Sam asked josh "where's emily." Josh tells her that she's upstairs in her bedroom. Sam drags herself to the room to find it empty. Sam eyes widen from the sight of what appears to be a light in the bathroom.