Chapter 1: Packing and Panicking

The students are third years now, so they're aged up a bit as to not make this weird. This is an intro of what's to come, so it's not much just yet. Competition begins next chapterrrrrrr! I wonder what's to happen???

*Ochako's POV

"It sucks to be so poor!" I whined as I packed what's possibly the smallest bag of all time.  I looked over to the other girls of my class who sat in my dorm with me helping me pack. "I feel severely underprepared. What did you guys pack for the trip?" I asked desperately in an attempt to see if anyone else was in the same packing ball park as I was.
"I really just packed a swimsuit, a bunch of tanks and shorts, and toiletries. In other words, I'm just as packed as you are so stop freaking out Ochako" Jirou says. Tsu nods her head in agreement, "yeah I packed that too along with sun screen and bug spray. I may have a frog quirk, but my body is still human." Hagakure and Mina started giggling at each other with a devious look in their eyes (or at least I can only assume as much for Hagakure). "We're bringing drinks, games, face masks, and several inflatable balls!!"
Momo shakes her head in disappointment, but her eyes and smile deceive her. "Drinks and drinking games are unnecessary and inappropriate..." she trailed off, but we held onto the trail knowing full well that she had more to say, "... but we're young and stressed and this seems like as good a time as any to be young and dumb and reckless! Let's have some fun!!" Momo grinned from ear to ear as we all cheered, excited for the camping trip to come!
Mina started getting all bouncy in excitement and her devious grin reared its head once again. "I still can't believe we got some of the boys to come... this is gonna be interesting!" She started rubbing her hands together like a villain in a bad movie.
"Hey! This is a competition, don't forget that!" I said this to Mina, but it almost felt as if I were reminding myself more than her. I just get so heated up in competition it really fuels me up!
The trip became more of a battle of the sexes where we agreed to have conventional fun with some main competitive events thrown into the mix. The winners were to make a demand per win. We'd be paired with a rival by drawing names out of a hat and that'd be the one we'd compete with for the duration of the trip. After each victory the individual winner would make a demand of their rival while the winning group would make a demand to the losing group.
"What boys are joining us anyway? We did cap it off at six to match our six, right?" Jirou asks. Hagakure pulls out her phone to read her message from Ojirou and she read it aloud word for word. "Okay so the final head count is me, Kaminari, Kirishima, Midoriya, Todoroki, and Bakugou. Mineta kept harassing me to include him, so I gave him the wrong address so he'd leave you ladies alone. See you at the campsite, rivals!"
"BAKUGOU AGREED TO COME?!?!" It came out of me involuntarily and I could feel my cheeks go several shades beyond their regular pink. Mina and Jirou shrugged the mention of his name off since they're a part of his squad and are already used to being around him all the time. "Kirishima and Pikachu probably convinced him to come along" Jirou said poking fun at Kaminari's expense.
"That's true," I said, "plus he's never really been known to turn down a competition so that's probably all it took to get him to come along." The girls all giggled at my more than likely explanation, but my heart still raced at the thought of his name alone. How could I remain calm when nothing other than images of his rain soaked face and the feeling of his warm hand on the back of my cold wet neck rushed through my head? This could be bad. Luckily I've grown to be pretty good at hiding my feelings and threw on my signature sweet smile.
They can't know where my head is.

*Bakugou's POV

Why the hell did I let myself get coerced into coming on this dumbass trip in the morning again?
I finished packing my bag and tossed it near the door, opening the comfort of my bed to myself. I plopped onto it and laid there on my back, arm behind my head while the other laid across my stomach.
That shitty haired idiot just had to mention her name. The moment he said she was going my body betrayed me and said I'd go. Normally I'm good at keeping my composure, but her name alone made my damn mouth go off. "I'm coming." I'd said it so matter-of-factly in that moment without a second thought. "iM cOmInG" tch I'm such a fucking idiot. Thankfully shit for hair said something about there being a competition about the guys versus the girls right before he mentioned her name so him and the portable charger chalked it up to my competitive streak.
I can't let my emotions get the better of me again. I have to stay in control or I don't know what might happen. Fuck Ochako and her stupid pink cheeks. Her dumbass grin that never goes away. Her dumb tights that are always in the way. Her sparkling brown eyes. The soft pads on her fingertips. Her soft hair in between my fingers. Fuck. Why did I agree to this?
I need to go to sleep.