Chapter 1 (Edited)

Chapter 1- Partners With the Bad Boy

It was a bright sunny morning and I was laying down on my bed reading the book, 'P.S. I Love You', when I was interrupted with a knock.

"Honey! Breakfast is ready!" Mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Coming mom!" I closed the book and put it on the table in front of my queen bed. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself if I was presentable. I was using a white tank top, a black bomber jacket, skinny jeans, and white adidas stans smith. If I were to rate myself today based on how I look, I'll probably give myself a 0 out of ten. My hair was tied up in a high pony tail. I wore my big black bumble bee glasses or what people call them, "nerd glasses". I sprayed my vanilla perfume and got out of the bathroom.

I got my messenger bag on top of my desk and went out of my bedroom. I ran downstairs and saw mom dancing and humming while cooking.

"Hi mom. Watcha doing?" I asked and sat on the stool chair.

"Making chocolate chip pancakes." she sang and served me my breakfast.

"Sorry mom, but I can't eat. I just brushed my teeth like about 25 minutes ago." I wanted to eat those pancakes, but I wasn't really hungry.

"Well, more for me!" I rolled my eyes and checked the time in my phone.

6:50 A.M.

Holy macaroni! I'm going to be late for school!

"I have to go mom! I'll be late for school." I jumped out of the stool chair and walk towards mom.

"It's just 6:50 A.M. Autumn. School starts at 8:00," my mom gave me a deadpan look.

"I know mom, but I'm just really excited. Bye!" I kissed my mom goodbye and ran out of the house.

° ~ °

When I entered the school, I saw a couple of people who I knew. I didn't exactly have "best friends", but I do have friends. My closest friend, Alex White, is a gossip girl. She will tell you the latest gossip in class or the entire world.

I went to the 2nd floor and saw Alex with her phone texting, in front of my locker.

"Hey Alex." I greeted her.

"Oh hey Autumn," she said and smiled warmly at me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Duh! School!"

"Not that," I said as I rolled my eyes at her, "what are you doing here standing in front of my locker?"

"Oh! Great news! Hottest BAD BOY, Aaron Knight,  just arrived here!"

"Sure Alex. Go worship him just like all the girls." I didn't care about Aaron Knight. He is such a- a bully.

"But he is SO hot! Those abs are to die for and- AAAHHH! Aaron Knight's here! Have to go Autumn! BYE!" She screamed and ran off. I rolled my eyes and went to my next subject, Chemistry.

° ~ °

Mr. Brown told us that we would have a project passed this month. Everyone had partners to do the project except for me.

"Ms. Miller, I know you are alone, but since we're 20, and one of them is probably either late or absent,will be your partner so-,"  Mr. Brown was suddenly interrupted when the door was slammed open.

"Sorry I'm late Mr. Brown, but it was an emergency." The person walked coolly like he was walking in a freaking model show.

This can't be happening.

Not now, not ever.

Mr. Brown turned back at me and smiled, "Ms. Autumn Miller, meet your partner."

° ~ °

The bell rang and I got out of the classroom immediately. I saw Alex sitting outside with her phone, her brows furrowed. I ran towards her and knelt down.

"I'minsomuchtrouble." I said.

"Woah Autumn. chill. Now repeat what you just said," she said calmly. I stood up, sat doen beside her, and covered my face with my hands.

"I said I'm in so much trouble! This can't happen! What am I going to do? Think. Think. Think! If all the girls knew- if all the girls, oh no! A lot of girls will be jealous!  And I'll get punished by them! I'll get thrown, pinched, even whipped! And that's called bullying! But that isn't my fault. Technically it is, but still! Why me? Can't it be another partner?" I rambled as I shook Alex in each sentence I said. Alex pushed me aside and shook her head.

"What are you trying to say? Who are you partners with?"

"I'mpartnerswithAaronKnight." I squeaked.

"Your what?" she asked.

"I'mpartnerswithAaronKnight." I squeaked again.

"What?!"

"I SAID I'M PARTNERS WITH AARON KNIGHT!" I screamed.

At first, I saw Alex hesitate, but then she smiled wickedly.

"You are so damn lucky, my friend. You just got paired up with the bad boy." Alex smirked.