Prolouge

"Why are you being so mean, Kacchan?"

  You all know that story. The same story that we had from square one. That same story from my childhood we know bits and pieces about.

  What people don't realize how frustrating and mean and rude Kacchan is. He is really, really, REALLY mean sometimes.

  I've came home with scrapes, bruises, and burns from him all in one day. It's horrible. Why he doesn't get punished? I don't know.

  Did my past teachers not care?

  Was I just being weak?

  Did they want him to become a hero so badly that they wouldn't punish him and ruin his perfect record?

  Nobody will know. Only the teachers and Kacchan. I find it hilarious how I still call him Kacchan after all these years of poor treatment.

  Nobody could guess why I kept trailing after him. I didn't know either, but it felt so right. I didn't realize it at the time, but we built each other from nothing.

  That small rivalry that we had boosted us to become who we are now. Or..

  Who we were.

  I guess that I have to refer to 'us' now like that ever since...

  No...

  Never mind.

  We set ourselves always to be better than one another. It drove us forward. It was so frustrating. Thank the gods that I kept up with him.

  If not? Where would him and I be know? If his quirk was less flashy, would he still be the way he is?

  I 100% blame his cockiness from some of the praised everyone gave him. For example, when we were in kindergarten he always got praised from our teachers.

  "A flashy quirk perfect for an excellent hero!"

I guess they were right. But in the end, I was the one who surpassed him. I was the one who worked my ass off to get here.

  Not that I was jealous. I haven't been jealous of him in a long time. I was just frustrated on how I couldn't live my dream and become a hero.

  I never got praises like that.

  I only got, "Poor Midoriya! He doesn't have a quirk! He'll never become a hero!"

  Not mentioning Kacchans insults.

  But y'know I cant complain now because now I'm number one. Now I am the new symbol of peace.

  I'm the pro that young kids look up to. I am the All Might to me when I was little. I may of found a successor, because now I'm getting too reckless for my quirk again.

  That fight will All For One was bad. I hope I really killed him. Not a very heroic thing to say... But in the end, it is the best solution. We can't have him tearing up cities until the end of humanity.

  Hope you have a great summer, Nedzu.

Best wishes,
              No. 1 Pro Hero
Deku